Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > General Discussion

General Discussion Discuss anything in general with your Scion xD here.

Old 10-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #21
Whack-A-Mole
Full Access Member

Name: Thadeus
Originally Posted by CXTKRS1 View Post
The 1.6 I think produces more power than our 1.8.
Hyundai states it does at 138hp, and it has direct injection. I think it looks butt ugly though, and I believe you said before about our power band "it looks like an old V8 truck" referring to how low and flat the power band was. So it's peak power may be more, but I doubt it would be similarly broad.
Whack-A-Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:36 PM   #22

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: jim
it's a tough call between those cars actually. altho HP rating is higher with teh Hyundai, torque figures are nearly the same for both cars. Weight is almost the same too which could make the Hyundai feel a bit sluggish. I guess it all depends on how the weight is distributed in the chassis for handling.
JDMJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:29 PM   #23
cvriv

Name: CVRIV
Thanks guys but I think im sold on the Veloster! I took it out for a test drive and holy hell that car is nice! fully loaded I can get it for around 24000. I am thinking I like it

As for the XD rpm range,... thanks for the info guys. 3250rpm for 75mpg isnt that bad. BUT HOLY HELL THAT VELOSTER IS NICE! LOL. I think im jsut going to go with it. But then again im going to a ford dealer tomorrow to run some numbers. Their new focus hatchback is nice as hell too. But it's running a bit higher in price though.

I heard that next year theres going to be a turbo charger Veloster I love turbos but I need something that is going to last a long time. Turbos do last a long time but they tend to fail here and there with all the stresses they endure.

So we'll see what happens

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Originally Posted by JDMJim View Post
it's a tough call between those cars actually. altho HP rating is higher with teh Hyundai, torque figures are nearly the same for both cars. Weight is almost the same too which could make the Hyundai feel a bit sluggish. I guess it all depends on how the weight is distributed in the chassis for handling.
The Veloster was hardly sluggish. That little car has some decent pull. Pretty much as quick or maybe quicker than the corolla s im driving now and just about as fast as my mothers Focus. Its an impressive little car.
cvriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #24
CWB211
Full Access Member

Name: Gregg
While I do love the idea of a turbo engine also, I just don't like having to fuel up with premium gas. I got my xD originally for a good daily driver that won't break the bank, so even if the mpg isn't bad the fact that I have to fuel up with premium kills the economy to me.

But yes... there is just something awesome about driving a turbo, haha.
CWB211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #25
cvriv

Originally Posted by CWB211 View Post
While I do love the idea of a turbo engine also, I just don't like having to fuel up with premium gas. I got my xD originally for a good daily driver that won't break the bank, so even if the mpg isn't bad the fact that I have to fuel up with premium kills the economy to me.

I totally agree with you. AND if you do go turbo,... you need to seriously go TURBO! LOL. 300hp+ TURBO
Old 10-14-2011, 07:07 PM   #26
Whack-A-Mole
Full Access Member

Congrats on getting a new car, and only buy what you want. Don't get talked into paying for something you don't want. It sounds simple, but people do it all the time.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:06 PM   #27
cvriv

Originally Posted by Whack-A-Mole View Post
Congrats on getting a new car, and only buy what you want. Don't get talked into paying for something you don't want. It sounds simple, but people do it all the time.
Exactly!!! This is why im nervous about going to the Ford dealer tomorrow. He said they dont have what im looking for but there are other vehicles i might like. I know theres a good chance he wont have what I want. I know he's going to do everything in his power to sell me anything. I wont fall for that. I really like the Veloster. This guy will seriously have to impress me for me to even consider buying a ford.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:28 AM   #28
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Chris
Originally Posted by CWB211 View Post

No one knows what kind of the fuel the car will use yet. Kia has 2.0 DI injected turbocharges inline four that makes 270HP while running on 87. HP rumors are around 180 for the 1.6 which is possible on regular gas.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Originally Posted by cvriv View Post
Exactly!!! This is why im nervous about going to the Ford dealer tomorrow. He said they dont have what im looking for but there are other vehicles i might like. I know theres a good chance he wont have what I want. I know he's going to do everything in his power to sell me anything. I wont fall for that. I really like the Veloster. This guy will seriously have to impress me for me to even consider buying a ford.
You're 33, tells the sales person to piss off and will you call them over when you want to go for a test drive. They give a rats ass which car is actually better for you they just want a sale. Do not relay on them on for any information, heck you're better off searching google for an answer than asking a salesmen.
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:07 AM   #29
cvriv

So,..... I went to the ford dealer this morning. I set up an appointment to amuse myself. Just to see what they could do for me. I really didnt think anything was going to happen. Well,... I am friggin impressed. First,... I sat inside the new focus hatchback. Its like being inside the cockpit of a spaceship! The first words out of my mouth was,... holy shit. Swear. There was such much coolness there I could barely contain myself. A color LCD between the cool looking tach and speedo. The my touch screen with all the other colorful buttons and shit I have no idea what they all do. It looks damn cool!

Anyways,... this guy found me the very car I wanted. He got me a bangin apr and monthly payment as well. Everything I wanted, no problems. I cant believe it went that well and that easy.

Im getting a black titanium focus,.... with EVERYTHING. Everything. It has so much shit I dont even know all of it off the top of my head. Im as happy as a fat rat. They will have the car on the lot this monday. But toyota wont be giving my check till thursday Hopefully by that friday the check will clear my account. Fingers crossed.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:27 AM   #30

simmons0613
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Matt
nice job on the find. Post pics of it later. I might be looking at a new car in the near future.

simmons0613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:19 PM   #31
cvriv

Will do. Hopefully friday I can bring it home at the earliest. If not then monday or maybe saturday. I cant wait to bring this car home. I got it for $26500 about. Way more than what I wanted to spend but I got a good apr and they did keep my monthly payment down. $275 a month is what I'll be paying. $9500 down.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:13 PM   #32
cvriv

Figured out wht the Corolla S was driving at such high rpms when driving on the highway. I had the car in 3rd the whole time. Im not use to the zig zag automatic shifter. The shifter says 3-D. I though that meant 3 AKA DRIVE. Oh well. At 75mph the car now does 3000rpm. Which is perfect.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:49 PM   #33
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Chris
Originally Posted by cvriv View Post
Figured out wht the Corolla S was driving at such high rpms when driving on the highway. I had the car in 3rd the whole time. Im not use to the zig zag automatic shifter. The shifter says 3-D. I though that meant 3 AKA DRIVE. Oh well. At 75mph the car now does 3000rpm. Which is perfect.
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:04 PM   #34

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

There was a blue Velsotor cruisin around my area all afternoon yesterday. I see this car like the Eclipse. looks good from certain angles but not as a whole
Old 10-21-2011, 08:59 AM   #35
cvriv

This is what I got. A 2012 Focus Titanium. It's has a ton of stuff. Im still trying to figure out what everything is and how to use it. This is the only car that actually had me reading the manual to figure out how to use it. I got it for $26700. I am as happy as a fat rat.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

So glad I didnt go the toyota/ scion route. Check this out! I brought back the loaner car the dealer gave me as part of the warranty when toyota gave me the check for my truck. The dealer accused me of damaging their loaner car! There was a pretty bad scrape under the nose of the car on the passenger side. The front spoiler whatever. It was pretty nasty. But it was way under there like someone before me got to close to a curb. Thats exactly what that was. It wasnt me. Then on the back of the car there was this stupid hairline scratch on the top of the back bumper. Im looking at her like are you flippin crazy! Whe I did the walk around when I got that car,... I was loking for dents and shit. I didnt notice some stupid hairline scratch and I didnt notice the scrape/ gouge under the front of the car. I had to pay for that! $300! I paid for someone else F'UP! I know their not going to fix that either. Their going to do it again to the next person who gets that car. Can you believe that! So,.... that, and their sales team sucks,... I bought a Ford. The one chick I was talking to was like your not buying another toyota! Why not?!?!? HA HA HA!!!! Thats why! That dealer blows. Anyways,... I got what I wanted and im happy. End of story.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:33 PM   #36
CWB211
Full Access Member

Name: Gregg
I do like what they have done with the Focus for 2012, I can't deny that. They modernized it and made the body lines a lot sharper. The only things that gets me is thats over 10k more then I paid for my xD and... its a Ford. =/
CWB211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:19 PM   #37

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

I'd black out that teardrop on the taillight. thats the one thing I don't like about the wagon. nice pickup regardless
Old 10-21-2011, 04:37 PM   #38

simmons0613
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Matt
very nice, I love how they changed the body style.

simmons0613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #39
Whack-A-Mole
Full Access Member

Jesus! I'm not a huge fan of Ford anymore since my 2000 Contour SVT. That Focus does look better than I expected, but the sticker price shook me hard. That's almost 30k for a Focus. For around 30k your car choices are pretty far and wide, and I don't know where the Focus would be on that list for me. (not near the top though)
Old 10-21-2011, 07:35 PM   #40
cvriv

Thanks guys. Yea, the sticker price is higher than other cars of it's size/ type. But still it's a nice car and Im still glad I got it. I knew I was paying more than I wanted to but I told the dealer,... if im going to pay more than I was expecting, just make sure I get what I want and keep my payment below 300 and month. the sales guy did just that. The buying process was so easy and smooth. I was really impressed with them. This is why I bought this car. This is why I didnt even haggle this price down. The amount I paid is the sticker price. He did what I told him to do and got me what I wanted so I didnt haggle them. Everyone is happy.

I have to agree that ford got thier s@#$ together when it comes to styling. I told them when I got there,... first words, Im not a fan of Ford. The guy was like "OK. Let me just show you,...". I sat down in a base Focus and was like,.... SOLD! Their very nice. I told him to find me a certain Focus and he ran off and 5 minutes later he had a window sticker. Found my Focus at some Dealer somewhere. He went to get for me without paying anything! No down payment, deposit, no signing anything,... just went and got it for me. He ran all my info and had me approved along with everything taken care of a week before I could buy it. The day I bought it I walk in with a check, signed on the dotted lines and he handed over the keys and said have fun It's was an awesome experience.

As for the rear tear drop tail lights being blacked out,.... we'll see. Im still tryign to get my bluetooth audio streaming to work. I think sync has a bug