Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > General Discussion

General Discussion Discuss anything in general with your Scion xD here.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:57 AM   #1
hep2

Name: Rick
Default hand clutch
It`s been a while since i`v logged on, my car although having gained a few battle scars has been serving me very well. Here is my Delema` I soon may be facing surgery on my left foot so I was thinking about installing a hand operated clutch using a motorcycle hand brake assembly,a selector valve and a few custom made parts so I can mount this on top of my shifter.

Rick 08 xd
hep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
hep2

Name: Rick
does anybody have any thoughts on this? I am a fabricator by trade and have the skills and tools to do this but I have never heard of anyone doing this, I think it might be a little odd to get used to but should not take long to get the hang of it. as far as selecting the right motorcycle hand brake assembly goes it depends on how much fluid I need to move to operate the clutch slave cylinder, so I can use an assembly from a single brake rotor set up or a dual rotor, I intend to keep the original pedal set up and maybe just install a selector to choose from hand or foot operation or do I even need the selector? I`m looking for any ideas or thoughts on this, surely someone has questions or ideas that may or may not help.

Rick
hep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:51 AM   #3
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Chris
Companies exist that convert traditional manual cars like Corvettes and other sport car for people with disabilities. These are the same companies that convert handicap vans to be used with hand operated throttle and brake controls but sadly I have no idea as to what methods or machinery they employ though.
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote