Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > General Discussion

General Discussion Discuss anything in general with your Scion xD here.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #1

ThisorThatxD
Full Access Member

Name: Chris
Default 2 interesting issues..
issue #1: not sure why, but during shifting, i can here a squeak underneath the car. its like something needs some wd-40 but im not entirely sure what could be causing it. doesnt affect shifting that i know of, but its kinda annoying to hear it under the car with the windows down and wanna be sure its not something serious.

issue #2: now this one is really odd and i have no clue why, or if its a common issue. apparently, my car's windshield has defects on the inside of the glass. when the sun glares on it, it appears like its really dirty. only after 2 attempts at cleaning it have i blamed it on the actual windshield. it makes seeing through very difficult when the sun's hitting it just right. would warranty possibly cover this, and is this an issue with anyone else?
ThisorThatxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:47 PM   #2

xDTool
Full Access Member

Name: Bob
Send a message via AIM to xDTool Send a message via Yahoo to xDTool
on issue number 1. havnt really had this problem, so not sure, but i do clean the linkage area where you install the short shift kit, every once in a while when i do engine cleaning for shows and general maintenance. may be something to look at as mines gotten particularly dirty before.

on issue number 2. If its not too far out of the way, just bring it by the dealer. worst that can happen is they say no.
xDTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:52 PM   #3

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

Name: Ted
I had issue #1, I just used some wd-40 on the linkage while my fiance sat in the car rowing through the gears, a couple of sprays and it went away, hasnt come back since either and that was almost 2 years ago.
For issue #2, no idea, I suggest bringing it to your dealer so they can check it out...

TheLittleDeviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:09 PM   #4

ThisorThatxD
Full Access Member

thanks for the replies. i think issue #1 is solved, just need to get some wd-40 on the linkage and go from there. as for #2, i guess i can only hope warranty covers something like that. im taking it in to mount my new rims/tires soon so that would actually fit the bill nicely to ask about it.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:29 PM   #5

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: jim
i have the squeaky shift linkage. Been to the dealer once for that problem, came back a year later.

dirty windshield? join the club. every window in my xD gets this opaque film on it. it's a bitch to clean off too. my xB1 also has it. and no I don;t smoke at all. it's worse in cooler times of the year since the windows are closed and air is circulating thru the vents and such

edit: and I'm gonna add the easy ability for it to rust. I had to sit on the ground and kick the hell out of all four rims yesterday to get them off the car. TRD shocks are rusted out, sway bar mounts rusted out, all bolts on the engine rusted and most likely seized at this point. just terrible..

Last edited by JDMJim; 09-16-2010 at 03:31 PM.
JDMJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:39 PM   #6

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

Name: Ted
Jim where do you live? I havent had any rust issues on my xD at all. and I took the motor out last year and checked everything on the car...

TheLittleDeviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:41 PM   #7

bobolinko
Full Access Member

Name: Bob
Originally Posted by JDMJim View Post
i have the squeaky shift linkage. Been to the dealer once for that problem, came back a year later.

dirty windshield? join the club. every window in my xD gets this opaque film on it. it's a bitch to clean off too. my xB1 also has it. and no I don;t smoke at all. it's worse in cooler times of the year since the windows are closed and air is circulating thru the vents and such

edit: and I'm gonna add the easy ability for it to rust. I had to sit on the ground and kick the hell out of all four rims yesterday to get them off the car. TRD shocks are rusted out, sway bar mounts rusted out, all bolts on the engine rusted and most likely seized at this point. just terrible..
That's why car washes have underbody care/wash, especially where there is snow and magnesium chloride used to melt it...... Wash/high pressure spray, controls the rusting.
bobolinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #8

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: jim
Chicago area. heart of the rust belt
JDMJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:14 AM   #9

ThisorThatxD
Full Access Member

blah and im making a trip to chicago in oct.