Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Suspension

Suspension Wheels, tires, springs/coilovers, or any other suspension and handling related topics and questions.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:31 AM   #21
XBjames

Name: james
you have any rubbing issues??? i rolled my fenders on mine but i think im rubbing at the point where the rear bumper and fender meet...
XBjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:42 PM   #22

xDTool
Full Access Member

Name: Bob
Send a message via AIM to xDTool Send a message via Yahoo to xDTool
I rub up front like crazy, but im running a 17x9.5 +30 and tucking front tires. No rubbing out back since i rolled my fenders thursday, and moved from a 35 offset to a 30 offset on my 9.5's. when i had unrolled fenders i was eating sidewall on edge of my tire close to the bead.

My car is higher than i want it to be in the back though. may actually work on lowering it some more this weekend. probably another inch or so i need to drop

I did notice where the rear bumper and fender meet is a bad spot, i was thinking about taking a grinder to it, but im waiting to see if i have any rubbing issues there.

Originally Posted by XBjames View Post
you have any rubbing issues??? i rolled my fenders on mine but i think im rubbing at the point where the rear bumper and fender meet...

Last edited by xDTool; 01-29-2011 at 01:44 PM. Reason: added
xDTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #23
katchkillah
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Kory
i think it's key to what type of tires you run also. i've got a small stretch, and i've not rolled or did anything to my car. only recently i've started to rub in the front inside the fenders as i adjusted the tow on mine. but it has to be a very very full load and hit a mean dip on the freeway. other then that i've never had rubbing issues. 8.5 & 9 with a 205/40 tires so just a small stretch.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:12 AM   #24

xDTool
Full Access Member

Oh thats definitly the case. I'm running 215/45's on 9.5" wheels, but i also have my front adjusted very low and my spec's are relatively aggressive. turned wheels i have to force a credit card between the tire and the fender.

and I'm not ballsy enough to run a 205 on a 9.5, i find 215s to already be a moderate stretch

Originally Posted by katchkillah View Post
i think it's key to what type of tires you run also. i've got a small stretch, and i've not rolled or did anything to my car. only recently i've started to rub in the front inside the fenders as i adjusted the tow on mine. but it has to be a very very full load and hit a mean dip on the freeway. other then that i've never had rubbing issues. 8.5 & 9 with a 205/40 tires so just a small stretch.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:10 PM   #25
XBjames

Name: james
my rear is 9.5 running on 215 40 18
XBjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #26
katchkillah
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Kory
LOL. last week just did a friend's 10" with the 205/40/18. must say it looked pretty good.

other options to look at is also the tire manufacturers. as certain tires give different stretches, even though they are the same spec's.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #27

xDTool
Full Access Member

Yea i know falken 512s have a big reputation among the VW guys as some of the best stretching tires

Originally Posted by katchkillah View Post
LOL. last week just did a friend's 10" with the 205/40/18. must say it looked pretty good.

other options to look at is also the tire manufacturers. as certain tires give different stretches, even though they are the same spec's.