Go Back   Scion XD Forum > Members Hangout > Events

Events Events, meets, and shows discussion and information.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:53 PM   #1

Cylon_xD
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Troy
Default Post up your Recent Car Show Wins!
Hey all, just trying to think of some interesting ideas for new threads on here that might draw some interest, so I thought of this one, maybe it will fly, maybe not?...

Use this thread as a place to post up any car show wins your xD is awarded during the show season - a pic of your car at the show, trophies, money awards, etc. Announce your win here to the rest of us xD owners, to help give us all more incentive to keep on modding!

I know it's a little late in this season for many more car shows, so maybe we could start out with everyone posting up their most recent 2009 wins - a pic of your car at one or two shows, maybe a photo of all your 2009 trophies, then we can go from there... just post up a few pics anytime you do well at a show... any other thoughts to make this a fun thread?

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

OK, so I'll start off the thread with my most awesome 1st place xD win (with the only xD in the show, lol!) today at the 2009 Scioween Show at the Scion of York, PA, October 25, 2009... about 50 Scions and other imports and domestics in the show... Our York Scikotics Chapter hosted this Halloween Scion show, the first of many, we hope.

Here's the Cylon_xD posing in the lineup in the beautiful Fall weather... new additions for this show were the Black w/ Blue leather Clazzio seat covers, and red-painted brake calipers, neither of which are very visble here:

And here's a pic of my 2009 trophies, with the first place trophy I won today on the far right - from left, Second Place xA/xD, Participant's Choice, Best of Show 1st Place, Best 2000's Car, 1st place xD, and a 1st Place xD medallion in front... This is basically my entire collection of trophies except for one other 1st place medallion from 2008, so I have a somewhat small collection thus far... but I'm working on it!

Last edited by Cylon_xD; 10-26-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Cylon_xD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:17 PM   #2

TIKI
Senior Citizen Member
Full Access Member

Name: Chris
Trophies for this year. Missing the 3 from this show and 2 from the previous day. First year of showing. Great idea Troy, this was my last show for this year. I have never taken my trophies to a show before. This is a first and last.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP0096.jpg (95.4 KB, 11 views)

Tiki

xDotM Oct 2010

Last edited by TIKI; 10-26-2009 at 12:19 PM.
TIKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:43 PM   #3

xDevint
Full Access Member

Name: Brian
I dont take my tropies to shows.
xDevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:00 PM   #4

Cylon_xD
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Troy
Wow Chris - we get such small trophies at shows around here, look at the size of those things you got, lol! hope you have a good sized barn on your property to store all those and future year's wins in!

I sometimes take a couple trophies to a show, but more for decoration purposes rather than for display... I set a couple of the smaller trophies and medallions on the front dash along with some Scion swag items like hats and beanies - AND my Cylon action figures, of course! I didn't set out any trophies at this last show at all...

Last edited by Cylon_xD; 10-26-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Cylon_xD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:42 PM   #5

Luc1f3r
Full Access Member

Name: Luci
Send a message via AIM to Luc1f3r
agreed with Brian, bringing trophies to shows is tacky.

my xD was in 5 shows this year and i got 7 trophies with it. ive only had the car for 7 months and 15000 miles. lol. im going to another show in 9 days but im a judge so i wont be winning anything unless its a raffle.

my tC i actually tried to show. 24 awards at 17 shows(including NOPI and Asylum), in 16 months and 39000 miles, road tripping to a show is more fun then the show, i dont really bother with local shows.

edit: just realized the xD has only been to one outta state show which saddens me. the tC was at shows in 6 states.... like i said, almost 50,000 miles in 2.5 years with 2 cars... i like to drive lol. and that doesnt include the miles on my bike too. almost 1000 in the past week. >.<

My RS1.0 xD is for sale!

Last edited by Luc1f3r; 10-27-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Luc1f3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:54 PM   #6

xDizzle
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Kevin
damn u need like an oil change every month hahaha
xDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:31 AM   #7

TIKI
Senior Citizen Member
Full Access Member

Name: Chris
I agree tacky. First and last time I do that. Not sure what made me do it this time.

Tiki

xDotM Oct 2010
TIKI is offline   Reply With Quote