Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Suspension

Suspension Wheels, tires, springs/coilovers, or any other suspension and handling related topics and questions.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #21

KylexD
Full Access Member

Name: Kyle
Yeah i think I will be getting those wheels, and maybe even those tires too. I think its a good combo....what you think? And what about that offset, you think the 15mm spacer will do the job...or too much?

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

So you have 17x7 40offset, and 205/50/17. Let me see a pic of your wheels.
KylexD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #22

ThisorThatxD
Full Access Member

Name: Chris
ill have to do it when im home. (stupid work blocking blah). those will definitely go well with your car. not something i would buy but its your car not mine, lol.

id wait on spacers till after you put the wheels on. that way you can get a good measurement. it wont look bad.
ThisorThatxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #23

KylexD
Full Access Member

Ok, thats whats up. Ive looked at hundreds of wheels, I cant stop going back to those for some reason.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #24

ThisorThatxD
Full Access Member

Name: Chris
heres a couple shots of them when i was on s techs.

ThisorThatxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #25

KylexD
Full Access Member

Yeah thats nice. So mine would be a little more sunken in, and a little smaller tire.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #26
matt9112

Name: matt
well i figure i would chime in and try to contribute....the effect of upper strut bars on chassis rigidity differs car to car...however most cars use the roof-line and A ,B and C pillars to do most of the upper chassis strength...to understand what any of the suspension components do you need to know what forces they are trying to counter act and or decrease/increase. for example on my Honda the upper bars are useless because the pillars are right there there is no flex that high off the suspension...(across towers) a rear lower strut bar would help keep the rear suspension points slightly more rigid but a rear sway-bar reduces the need for such a bar dramatically as it controls roll to a degree....another thing to know is under-steer and over-steer....front sway bars are usually a tad large on fwd cars from the factory so that your grandmother can drive it...by using a smaller diameter front bar you can allow the front end to be looser and reduce "plowing" or over-steer.. from a performance standpoint on a fwd car the goal is to have the rear end extremely tight and the front end looser so the car naturally wants to dive in a bit more and not dive to the outside of a turn...as a real world example i ran a 22mm rear integra type R factory bar and racing end links on my civic and no bar up front at all and i also ran much higher spring and shock rates in the rear than in the front this in effect made the car naturally want to dive into the corner and the rear end was just pulled around with no argument. just my two cents into it....i try to help anyone i can.
matt9112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #27

htheduck

Name: Howard
Or for free:
You can pump up the rear tires to 45+ psi to induce a little more oversteer!

htheduck is offline   Reply With Quote