Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > General Discussion

General Discussion Discuss anything in general with your Scion xD here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2009, 07:02 PM   #1
trdxd
Full Access Member

Name: trdxd
Default Introduction + Password JDM news
Hello all! Some of you may know me from scionlife (same username; TRDxD) but for those of you who don't, I'd like to introduce myself before anything.

I have an 08 Scion xD, Black Sand Pearl, 5MT, lowered on Tanabe DF210's along with a TRD axle back. Plain and simple, it's my first car so I'm pretty happy with it. I've been a member of Scionlife for nearly a year, and believe myself to be helpful to the community (though..you can be the judge of that :P) That's about it...I guess if you guys are genuinely interested, you can ask me more? lol

Now...let's get on to some good news for us xD owners shall we?

On October 19th I ventured over to Password JDM HeadQuarters for a focus group they were holding for all Scion owners, and if you haven't heard of PWJDM, please, enlighten yourself by following this little link : http://passwordjdm.com/

Anyway, while at HQ we were given a shop tour, where the guys design and machine many of their own products themselves. With CNC Machining equipment and a partner who helps them in molding their 100% Dry Carbon Fiber products, PWJDM is truly an amazing company. I've known about them for about 4 years, and had always heard the quality was amazing, and going down to the shop, handling their products, and watching demonstrations of their Carbon Fiber's weave strength, I can back up those claims.

After a quick tour we got down to business, what do Scion owners want? The guys at Password JDM are often known for their heavy support in the Honda industry, with many MANY parts for Civics and Integras, all tasteful pieces that any enthusiast would want to own. Basically, they realized that Scion is quickly becoming an industry comparable to that of the Civics back in the day, and they want to help us out and supply us with top quality parts; from Intakes, to CF trim pieces, there are a lot of options out there, and basically they need to know what do we, as Scion owners, wish to see available for our cars?

I'm urging you guys to give your input, start a list of what products you'd like to see available for the xD. Check out the PasswordJDM website, and compare what products are available for EGs, EKs, EFs, and other compact tuners, and think if you'd like them on your xD. If you have any other ideas feel free to list them. I'm in touch with the guys over at PWJDM so all this information will be passed along.

I know it was a long read :P but I hope you guys realize that this is serious, they really want to cater to the wants and needs of Scions and show some love to our game.

Good to meet you all, and I look forward to hearing back from you guys
trdxd is offline   Reply With Quote