Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > General Discussion

General Discussion Discuss anything in general with your Scion xD here.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #1
longlostlotrelf

Name: Lost Lord of the Rings Elf
Send a message via AIM to longlostlotrelf
Default So here is my new baby....
Hey guys,
My 2008 xD was totaled last week. I had posted about it prior. I was devastated I loved that car so much. I test drove a few others while looking for a new car, but I just missed the xD so much. I almost bought a 2010 xB but it just didn't feel right. It was from the dealership that I got my first xD from...not a Scion dealer just a Kia dealer in my area. They were going to give me a $1000 dollar credit towards a down payment that I could only use there and they happened to have that xB on their lot the only problem was they were charging 20,858 for a 2010 xD while they did work with me and lower the price to 16,020 I was still not feeling right about the car, it just didn't feel like 'home'

My dad and I decided to check out the Toyota dealer he and my mother get all of their cars from. We went up there and looked around, they had no used Scions so we headed to the 'new' lot. I spotted the Amazon Green 2012 xD, and 2 days later I came home with it. I was able to put 0 down and got great financing through my credit union. The payment is less than I was paying for my used xD monthly. (That other dealership also overcharged me for my xD) I just did not like the layout of the xB's interior. I also needed to go with better gas mileage as my job makes me drive all day.

I sat down and just felt so comfortable. Everything felt right again. I don't think I'd ever want any other car but an xD. I brought it home and have been in love since. I've never seen the green one before and it's beautiful. Unfortunately the pictures don't do it justice as the sun light plays a major role in making the metallic show. I love everything about it, the hands free calling system, and the bluetooth sync up for the radio. It's just full of awesome . I'm glad to be back!

I also never realized how much stuff was broken on my other car....I am so shocked every time I see something different haha in my other car the things that didn't work from the day I bought it were:

The cup holder on the right side by the vent was lodged in and only ever was able to be brought out once.
The knobs to control AC/Temperature did not light up.
The lights down near the shifter that showed you what gear you were in did not light up.
The little storage to the left of the steering wheel, if you opened it the cup there would just fall out completely.
Back windshield wiper did not work at all.

There were so many little things that I was just so shocked to see actually functioned properly haha.

Last edited by longlostlotrelf; 09-16-2012 at 09:30 AM.
longlostlotrelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #2

DeadThrone

Name: Ben
Right on. Now start wrenching on it. haha
DeadThrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #3

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: chris
Its a nice green color. Congrats