Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Exterior

Exterior Comments and questions regarding body kits, graphics, paint or other exterior mods.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:42 PM   #21

simmons0613
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Matt
I painted everything you see red, I left the turn signal and reverse light area untouched and they look sick.
simmons0613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #22

TexXBox
Full Access Member

Name: Steve
I did my tails, rear reflectors and mirror turn signals myself with rattle can Rustoleum smoked lens tint paint. Color sanded and buffed them out after a few days. Came out great (imo), really stands out against the white, was cheap and for me, easy.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #23

KylexD
Full Access Member

Name: Kyle
That is sick man, both of yall's lights look great. There's no way I could do this myself....or maybe I could. What did ya'll use to get those results? I have been waiting for some smoked OEM heads and tails to come to market just to buy them....but that looks just as good if not better.
KylexD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:03 AM   #24

1sweetxd
Full Access Member

Name: Evan
i went to autozone and used Nightshades on mine. i really liked using it, because i f***ed em up the first time i did them. then all it took was a rag and a little paint thinner and it came right off. then the second time came out a lot better

if you decide to go with nightshades, just do real thin coats. i used like 3 almost 4 THIN coats. let it dry for about 20 minutes between coats. really simple.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:49 PM   #25

KylexD
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by 1sweetxd View Post
i went to autozone and used Nightshades on mine. i really liked using it, because i f***ed em up the first time i did them. then all it took was a rag and a little paint thinner and it came right off. then the second time came out a lot better

if you decide to go with nightshades, just do real thin coats. i used like 3 almost 4 THIN coats. let it dry for about 20 minutes between coats. really simple.
Ok, cool. So you just tape off or cover around the lights, and apply that stuff right on. How does it hold up to the weather? And do you have pics of your results?
Old 12-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #26

1sweetxd
Full Access Member

you can tape em off if you want. but i would recommend pulling the lights off the car and then spraying them. its real easy. just open the back hatch and there should be access to the screws on the side. take out the screws and then the lights pop out. unplug your bulbs and your ready to spray.

i taped off the blinkers and turn signals, by personal choice. you can spray em however you want. but the stuff holds up real well to the weather, beings that it is made to go on taillights. i've had it done for 9 months now. no problems at all. but like i said before. if it messes up for any reason, it can be taken off with paint thinner.

i have pics on my page if you want to see how mine turned out.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #27

KylexD
Full Access Member

you can tape em off if you want. but i would recommend pulling the lights off the car and then spraying them. its real easy. just open the back hatch and there should be access to the screws on the side. take out the screws and then the lights pop out. unplug your bulbs and your ready to spray.

i taped off the blinkers and turn signals, by personal choice. you can spray em however you want. but the stuff holds up real well to the weather, beings that it is made to go on taillights. i've had it done for 9 months now. no problems at all. but like i said before. if it messes up for any reason, it can be taken off with paint thinner.

i have pics on my page if you want to see how mine turned out.

I saw the pics, looks pretty sweet, I think im gonna try out that nightshades stuff. Thanks!!
Old 12-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #28

1sweetxd
Full Access Member

good luck man!! and if you have any more questions about it, do what i did. look up a quick how to on Youtube. there are lots of videos on using night shades

Old 12-15-2011, 06:43 PM   #29

KylexD
Full Access Member

good luck man!! and if you have any more questions about it, do what i did. look up a quick how to on Youtube. there are lots of videos on using night shades

Will do, appreciate that
Old 09-29-2012, 03:46 AM   #30

Fryxd

Name: Fryxd
Luci where did you get you window vents
Fryxd is offline   Reply With Quote