Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Suspension

Suspension Wheels, tires, springs/coilovers, or any other suspension and handling related topics and questions.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #41

1sweetxd
Full Access Member

Name: Evan
latest pics. new springs just installed. these are better quality pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg evans car 001.jpg (94.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg evans car 003.jpg (96.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg evans car 005.jpg (95.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg evans car 007.jpg (95.5 KB, 17 views)
1sweetxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #42

1sweetxd
Full Access Member

ive also got something rubbing on the front drivers side whenever i dip down coming off a bump or hit a large enough bump to move the suspension considerably. not really sure what it is yet. it is only on that corner and sounds almost like plastic getting rubbed. gonna have to look into that in the next couple days when i have time.

also, doing the install gave me an idea for some more paint.....

thinking bout painting the wiper cowl and all the plastic between the wipers and the hood to match the body of the car. what yall think?

Old 08-22-2011, 07:03 PM   #43

htheduck

Name: Howard
I saw your new pics on the other thread, good job!

I personally wouldn't bother with matching the cowl & plastic w/paint. I'd leave it black.

Your choice though...good luck!

Last edited by htheduck; 08-22-2011 at 07:06 PM.
htheduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:40 PM   #44
gotDAMD

It's prob the black plastic piece on the bottom. Mine was scrapped up good but you can't see it under the car anyway.
gotDAMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:46 AM   #45

1sweetxd
Full Access Member

im not really seeing any wear on the plastic on the inner fender. when i get the time one day this week i will take the wheel off and see if it is rubbing on the inside.

also, i apparently don't have much travel on my suspension now. i used the springs but the rest of the suspension is stock. i cut the stock bump stops way down. what would be the next step to possibly help relieve some of the bottoming out? shorter shocks? shorter struts? just looking for options because i know a lot of people are running the Teins on 18's and was wondering if anyone else had issues and how they fixed them.

sorry for the novel. lol.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:08 PM   #46
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
is it when going straight or turning? or both. It sounds like it is rubbing the inner fender liner some where. I need to pull my passenger side off. the driver side is already missing the inner fender liner.

as far as bottoming out. Does it sound like metal on metal. I wouldn't think with 2 inches you would have issues bottoming out the strut unless it is huge bump and drops and you are hauling @$$.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:23 PM   #47

1sweetxd
Full Access Member

i only hear it when im coming down off a dip or going up a decent bump. just normally it rides like a dream. i can also hear it rub a little when i make a right turn and the car rolls a little bit to the driver side. how hard is it to remove the inner fender wells? that might fix the problem.

as far as bottoming out, it doesn't sound like metal on metal. i mean, i cut the bump stops way down. and it has only happened once or twice when going over a real big dip too fast. i prolly just need to slow down a little. lol

Old 08-24-2011, 07:45 PM   #48
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Chris
Originally Posted by 1sweetxd View Post
thinking bout painting the wiper cowl and all the plastic between the wipers and the hood to match the body of the car. what yall think?
IMO leave it black.
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:27 PM   #49

TexXBox
Full Access Member

Name: Steve
Nice lookin' ride there. Like'n the drop.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:07 AM   #50
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

i only hear it when im coming down off a dip or going up a decent bump. just normally it rides like a dream. i can also hear it rub a little when i make a right turn and the car rolls a little bit to the driver side. how hard is it to remove the inner fender wells? that might fix the problem.

as far as bottoming out, it doesn't sound like metal on metal. i mean, i cut the bump stops way down. and it has only happened once or twice when going over a real big dip too fast. i prolly just need to slow down a little. lol
Well my wife actually ripped ours out one day lol. but the fender liner only has a few clips holding it. maybe a bolt or two.

BUT BE WARNED if you remove it then the area from your wheel to engine bay will be wide open. I can see my tire looking from under the hood.

as far as other. may be bottoming out strut maybe

Old 08-26-2011, 10:37 AM   #51

Vengeful Squid
Full Access Member

Name: Mr Squid
No pics, but i am fully satisfied with the Eibach Sportlines!

1. no bouncy ride or bottoming out! Feels stiffer than stock but still comfy.

2. the rear does NOT sit lower than the front; in fact the front is lower!

3. on stock 16s now but clearing 18's will NOT be an issue! but i think imma do 17s with 215/45 tires.

4. Wheel gap is VERY slight, IMO a perfect look if you don't want to be completely slammed/pay $$$$ for coilovers/have other issues.

So far been on Sportlines for 1000 miles and I have no regrets. purchased from eBay.

Manufacturer states the drop is 1.7" front and 1.4" rear. After settling, I visually estimate a drop of 1.9-2.1" front and 1.6-1.8" rear.

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

As a comparo as far as ride height and how it looks, my car on Sportlines sits almost the same as 1SweetXD's, just a tad higher. But the difference is barely noticeable. In fact i'd have to look at both cars side by side to tell the difference.

1sweetxd: what did you use to tint your tail lamps? great lookin' xd, man...

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

latest pics. new springs just installed. these are better quality pics.

your pics show that the XD can look good w/o a body kit! nice work.

Last edited by Vengeful Squid; 08-26-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Vengeful Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #52

1sweetxd
Full Access Member

@ Resolve.....got under the fender last night and noticed where i have been rubbing the inner fender on the front driver side. it was just on the inside of the fender on the side. the outer wall of the tire was rubbing the plastic there. actually found a hole where it had been rubbing. made it pretty easy to spot. lol. anyways, got under there with my Dremel and starting cutting the hole away to make it bigger. got most of it done until my cutting wheels broke. haven't completely fixed it, but i am on the right track. just a little more cutting and its done. i should be able to fix the noise and the rubbing without removing the entire fender!!

@Squid......thanks for the compliments man! i did my taillights using Nightshades that i got from Auto Zone. the way they are now is actually the second time i did them. took it off the first time and redid it. i like how it looks right now too. no plans to ever put a body kit on it, but at the most maybe a lip kit. but if i want the car that close to the ground then i will just bag it.

Last edited by 1sweetxd; 08-26-2011 at 12:00 PM.
1sweetxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:50 PM   #53
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

@ Resolve.....got under the fender last night and noticed where i have been rubbing the inner fender on the front driver side. it was just on the inside of the fender on the side. the outer wall of the tire was rubbing the plastic there. actually found a hole where it had been rubbing. made it pretty easy to spot. lol. anyways, got under there with my Dremel and starting cutting the hole away to make it bigger. got most of it done until my cutting wheels broke. haven't completely fixed it, but i am on the right track. just a little more cutting and its done. i should be able to fix the noise and the rubbing without removing the entire fender!!

@Squid......thanks for the compliments man! i did my taillights using Nightshades that i got from Auto Zone. the way they are now is actually the second time i did them. took it off the first time and redid it. i like how it looks right now too. no plans to ever put a body kit on it, but at the most maybe a lip kit. but if i want the car that close to the ground then i will just bag it.
Yep My driver got rubbed through then got caught and ripped off and the passenger side is mostly chewed through

Old 08-26-2011, 10:55 PM   #54

TexXBox
Full Access Member

Name: Steve
At least they are plastic so the tire rubs a hole in them, rather than metal and rubbing a hole in the tire.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:10 PM   #55

YELOSUB
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Tim
Yea, plastic is over rated...If you aint rubbing your not doing it right

Old 08-29-2011, 10:05 AM   #56
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

^^^ totally