Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > General Discussion

General Discussion Discuss anything in general with your Scion xD here.

Old 05-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #121

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: chris
I been on this site for sometime as well on scionlife. the matter of fact is... let them be. we already understand where your coming. but chill. don't be that one douche to ruin it for everyone. if they are wrong or whatever. let them learn. if you want rant about reality. make your own thread and we'll read it from time to time.

Last edited by xd_kidd; 05-03-2011 at 02:35 PM.
xd_kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:29 PM   #122
Rally xD
Full Access Member

Name: Rallyxd
Quick Update: Saturday's race we finished 4th in class. We had to deal with major damage to the car's exterior and internals and were pretty much running the race at 60% capacity/speed. Will post up a picture soon once i get it. Pretty much our exhaust pipe was hit by rocks to a point it was practically pinched and blocked significant air flow creating extreme build up = down pipe came off = heat released and melted ecu wiring = car went hay wire. The event ended up being a 1 day event due to an accident on one of the stages that lead to a death of a driver.

On Sunday, we entered in a Regional rally event since we were out there after staying up all night Saturday getting the car repaired. Our repairs were good enough to put us in the lead most of the day but the band aid couldn't hold up and the ECU pretty much said that was enough. We were towed by in = DNF.

Videos and images to hit the team site this week. We tested at the Dirtfish facility on Thursday and the car was hauling.
Rally xD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #123
Rally xD
Full Access Member

Default Rally Damaged Exhaust
Check out this picture of our exhaust pipe. This is the "elbow" portion going around the fuel tank to the exhaust can. Definitely not what you want when you have a turbo feeding extra heat and air.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Exhaust.jpg (91.9 KB, 21 views)
Old 05-03-2011, 10:40 PM   #124

simmons0613
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Matt
Holy Sh**, how did you manage that? You must have bottomed out really hard while that thing what white hot.

simmons0613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:47 PM   #125
Whack-A-Mole
Full Access Member

Name: Thadeus
Wow, that looks like it took a proper beating. Did you guys get any footage at full speed before the exhaust took a shellacking? 4th isn't horrible. You just have to wait till next time. I'm proud you guy are racing the XD!
Whack-A-Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:34 PM   #126
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Chris
Originally Posted by xd_kidd View Post
I been on this site for sometime as well on scionlife. the matter of fact is... let them be. we already understand where your coming. but chill. don't be that one douche to ruin it for everyone. if they are wrong or whatever. let them learn. if you want rant about reality. make your own thread and we'll read it from time to time.
Me thinks you might have posted in the wrong thread.
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:40 PM   #127

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

No its targeting you and its not on a wrong thread if your replying to it.. Enough said...

Last edited by xd_kidd; 05-04-2011 at 06:43 PM.
xd_kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:15 AM   #128
Rally xD
Full Access Member

Actually....the damage to the pipe wasn't from bottoming out. it's from impact from rocks underneath. There was so much impact and serious impact that it pinched the pipe closed and event pulled the exhaust down/off forcing the down pipe to get disconnected. Thats what lead to major issues on the car...all the heat was released in the worst area and our ecu pretty much got fried.

We'll be releases videos and pics on the team site soon. Will share some teasers here when i get them.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #129
Skeeno

Name: Enter your name or name you wish to be refered to as.
Thanks, Rally xD. I love these updates. You guys are really good at keeping your blog and website up to date.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:15 PM   #130
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Chris
Originally Posted by xd_kidd View Post
No its targeting you and its not on a wrong thread if your replying to it.. Enough said...
Does my honesty bug you kidd? I will not censor what I have to say and if you do not like it then I suggest you grow a thicker skin. For the most part I enjoy my xD with only minor complaints. I also enjoy seeing a professional race team use the xD since this will help with the creation of aftermarket parts for our cars since obviously membership group buys do not work.
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:27 PM   #131
Rally xD
Full Access Member

Default xD on the Stages
Cool photo our guys at dirtfish rally took of the xD on stage. Still amazes me when i see the xD racing.

Anyone up in the Portland area? Next race OTR next weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 46.jpg (19.1 KB, 18 views)
Old 05-07-2011, 09:41 AM   #132

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by CXTKRS1 View Post
Does my honesty bug you kidd? I will not censor what I have to say and if you do not like it then I suggest you grow a thicker skin. For the most part I enjoy my xD with only minor complaints. I also enjoy seeing a professional race team use the xD since this will help with the creation of aftermarket parts for our cars since obviously membership group buys do not work.
in a way it does cause most of what you say is repetitive.. it doesn't hold much power.. needs internal.. ect ect.. we get the point lol. let ppl believe whatever they wanna believe. if they think pigs can fly.. let them be nd let them learn.

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

so the fmic is mounted on the top grill? I would like to see the piping on that lol

Old 05-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #133

simmons0613
OG Member
Full Access Member

To kidd and CXTKRS1, I'm sorry guys but do you mind not blowing up this thread with arguments. This thread is keep everyone up todate with the rally xD. I dont mind you guys having a little argument and showing your opinions but could you please move it somewhere else, such as a PM. Please keep this thread positive to keep everyones moral up for this car. Thanks.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:23 PM   #134
robbiej
Old Fart
Full Access Member

Name: Rob
Hoping to get out to the Oregon Trail Rally this Friday to see the Rally xD.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #135

simmons0613
OG Member
Full Access Member

I would love to see it but I'm stuck down here in north Florida. plus Im flat broke.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #136
Rally xD
Full Access Member

robbiej - any chance you'll be in OR thursday night? There is a fan appreciation display right in downtown Portland Thursday afternoon. Then in the evening, Scion Racing/Sparco Rally xD will be hosting a small reception.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #137
robbiej
Old Fart
Full Access Member

Name: Rob
hmm, wow, that would be great. I work swingshift and was going to take Fri. off to hit PIR, but may take Thurs. off instead. Where is the receptin taking place? I heard that the fan appreciation is at Pioneer Square.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:32 AM   #138

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

I've noticed on the site that you just got a clutch kit. reminds if theres any flywheel that is compatable with ours?

Old 05-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #139
Rally xD
Full Access Member

xd_kidd - Yes we got a kit from ACT. They spec'ed our stock clutch and they had a compatible one off the shelf. I'm waiting on them to get the exact part number/etc.

robbiej - Yes there is a fan appreciation day at the courthouse. A pretty cool and relaxing event where you can check out a lot of the cars competing this weekend. The reception location is still a secret. If you do end up going, let me know. I can give you details later or even at the fan appreciation event.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #140
XDevolution
Full Access Member

Name: Anthony
any word on any other aftermarket parts for the XD and how about the greddy turbo kit whats the deal with that?