Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Engine/Performance

Engine/Performance All things engine and performance.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #41
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
Originally Posted by CXTKRS1 View Post
Fine since you seem to have need to keep this going I will reply to your post.
I did not keep this going. Please check the post above mine. The person who actually quoted your post and highlighted that section.

I simply commented and asked what was meant by real performance cars.

A performance vehicle is one designed from the factory that is built with performance in mind (crazy right). Engine, transmission, chassis, suspension, and a whole host of other things are designed to operate at a different level than a traditional go from point A to B car.
I think the vehicles I pointed out fall into this section. All of them I just didn't give specific models or anything. So are you trying to make me look stupid or something.

Of course their are different levels of performance but in your example one thing you forget to mention is the Camaro SS and the Mustang GT are built from the ground up to be a sports car and are some of the best bang for the buck cars on the road.
OK they come from the factory tuned better and better performance. But still you pay thousands of dollars more for this vehicle over a base Version to make it faster. Only difference is Factory did the work and not you.

Hell at a recent N-Ring test a BOSS Mustang placed 3rd beating out the majority of high end European sports cars.
Impressive I admit. PLus here you are actually comparing more power to power.

Their are bargains to be had as well if you consider how easy it is to mod cars like the Gen Coupe and for 5-6K you can have a Mustang GT pumping out over 500RWHP while still having a factory warranty.
Nice about power and the factory warrenty, but some people don't want to spend $30k on a Mustang.

BTW I do not need to compare a boosted four cylinder to a NA V8...regular boosted four cylinders like the Mazdaspeed 3, Gen Coupe 2.0T, Cobalt SS, and an SRT 4 are more than powerful enough to get the job done.
So this is the only part that really answers my quesiton as far as Define Real performance cars. Are you considering above mentioned car performance. If So I can go along with that compared to are cars they are more performace driven.

I will copy my answer above "OK they come from the factory tuned better and better performance. But still you pay thousands of dollars more for this vehicle over a base Version to make it faster. Only difference is Factory did the work and not you." And just a side note I like the MazdaSpeed 3 personally.

Cobalt is still a Cobalt just with different engine and the SRT 4 is still a Neon

I was never bashing anyone or calling anyone out. Just a simple quesiton and you come back basically trying to make sound like I don't know anything. Trying to cut me down and call me out and I didn't even start anything.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Also I am not saying anything is bad with cars mentioned. I am just referring to the part about putting thousands into them. Based on Vehicle model.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #42

KylexD
Full Access Member

Name: Kyle
Get em!!!!
KylexD is offline   Reply With Quote