Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > General Discussion

General Discussion Discuss anything in general with your Scion xD here.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:31 PM   #1
andyxd

Name: andyxd
Default Modification ideas!!!
hey guys and gals!!!

just wanted to see if anybody had any ideas for good modifications. not really wanting to do much to the outside just looking for good things to do to the inside and sounds system its self?

thanks guys,

ANDY XD
andyxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
That question is vague. Need to know what you are looking for, what style?

I mean especially for audio. You can got from just upgrading stock speakers, to adding a decent 500 watt or less system, to the all out how much can I carry/can the car handle and be loudest I can setup.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:17 AM   #3

bobolinko
Full Access Member

Name: Bob
Default A "few" things for starters...
[QUOTE=andyxd;12417]hey guys and gals!!!
just wanted to see if anybody had any ideas for good modifications. not really wanting to do much to the outside just looking for good things to do to the inside and sounds system its self?

Ideas? Here is what I have done to mine... Radio stays on and windows can be adjusted till door is opened, Auto lock doors when car moves more than 2mph, Auto Un-lock all doors when driver door is opened, one touch lane change blinkers, power on switch for 12v power outlet., door/cabin light extinguishing switch with door open, rear pb/switch turns off hatch light even with hatch open, Sub ampl under pass seat and 8" sub in rear, LED's in all inside lights, Strobe light for security when car is locked, in-cabin Air filter in AC, Sound deadening throught, Foam filled all undercarriage hollow parts, line locks with p/b switch on stick, Leather Emer Brake and Stick covers, push button start, 32 position Throttle controller, scanguge, Arm Rest with storage, LED DRLs, Adjustable Intermittent wiper switch.... got more, but that ought to keep you busy for a while.....
bobolinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:07 AM   #4
C4W22

Name: Chris
[QUOTE=bobolinko;12461]
Originally Posted by andyxd View Post
hey guys and gals!!!

Ideas? Here is what I have done to mine... Radio stays on and windows can be adjusted till door is opened, Auto lock doors when car moves more than 2mph, Auto Un-lock all doors when driver door is opened, one touch lane change blinkers, power on switch for 12v power outlet., door/cabin light extinguishing switch with door open, rear pb/switch turns off hatch light even with hatch open, Sub ampl under pass seat and 8" sub in rear, LED's in all inside lights, Strobe light for security when car is locked, in-cabin Air filter in AC, Sound deadening throught, Foam filled all undercarriage hollow parts, line locks with p/b switch on stick, Leather Emer Brake and Stick covers, push button start, 32 position Throttle controller, scanguge, Arm Rest with storage, LED DRLs, Adjustable Intermittent wiper switch.... got more, but that ought to keep you busy for a while.....
for the PTS did you bypass the steering wheel lock?
C4W22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #5

bobolinko
Full Access Member

Name: Bob
[QUOTE=C4W22;12465]
Originally Posted by bobolinko View Post

for the PTS did you bypass the steering wheel lock?
No, I like the Steering Wheel Lock Mech, but busting the ign ckt to start the car will do nothing .... digital lockout ckt is also employed.
bobolinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:53 PM   #6
C4W22

Name: Chris
[QUOTE=bobolinko;12469]
Originally Posted by C4W22 View Post

No, I like the Steering Wheel Lock Mech, but busting the ign ckt to start the car will do nothing .... digital lockout ckt is also employed.
I'm saying, you still have to use the key to start the car essentially then, correct?
C4W22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:04 PM   #7

Vengeful Squid
Full Access Member

Name: Mr Squid
ultimatepedals.com

great customer service. last i called they don't have a set for our car but they have the xb. does the xb use the same size pedals? anyway, all they need is the measurements, and they have a variety of textures/options as well as the much needed dead pedal for the XD.
i've had their pedals on my previous cars and they were top notch quality.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:37 AM   #8
andyxd

hey guys sorry delayed response,
before the new release series came out on the xd i was thinking about painting my inside pieces white. and after seeing the release series with the painted inside just confirmed my ideas. i think it looks pretty kick ass. so probably going to do that also, was thinking about putting a bazooks tube in the back and was trying to figure out what size would be a good. input? i am pretty much only looking at the inside to mod because i live in Munice,In and the roads here are pretty much crap and don't want to put some rims on and then have them cracked two seconds later.

thanks,
andyxd
Old 11-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #9

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: jim
i didn't realize teh interior parts are painted to match. So 1999 to have white interior stuff.....or maybe it very Apple
JDMJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:28 PM   #10
andyxd

ya all the inside console parts are white but i did come across the dinoc white carbon fiber film and that stuff looks pretty awesome. thinking about getting that now instead of paint because that stuff looks pretty damn sweet.

andyxd