Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > General Discussion

General Discussion Discuss anything in general with your Scion xD here.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
Vicbuilder

Name: Vicbuilder
Default Second row middle seatbelt holder problem
Forgive me if this has been covered before, newbe here. We picked up our 2010 last week. When we went over the post-sale checklist the seatbelt for the rear middle seat was stuck in the retainer in the headliner. After some tugging by the salesman it popped out, but then wouldn't retain itself. No biggie, we just ordered another one.
So I went in today to have it covered under warranty. They replaced the retainer, but it still won't retain the belt ends. The service guy was kinda wishy-washy about how we're going to proceed from here, and thats where my question lies - anyone else have and/or solve this problem?
I worked as a mechanic at a Chevy dealership and at a high-end motorcycle dealership for many years. At both places there was a system where the service dept could submit a case to the factory whenever they couldn't fix a problem. Then the factory would respond with some sort of solution, sometimes resulting in a service bulletin, or in extreme cases a safety recall (obviously safety is not the case here). I asked if this was going to be the case here, and I didn't really get a straight answer. He said he'd call me if they figured something out......Hummmm. Seems like its pretty low on his priority list. And hey, I can understand why - its a stupid little piece of plastic. But nonetheless I want it fixed.
Anyway, thought I'd get some info here, and I'm expecting a routine return call from the service dept tomorrow, so I'll give them a piece of my mind then. Thoughts on a fix - I don't won't to go back several times and keep putting a piece of plastic in that's a poor design, that is a waste of my time.
Vicbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote