Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Audio/Interior Electronics

Audio/Interior Electronics Questions, tips/advice, comments and all things about car audio and other interior gagets.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:23 PM   #1

Vengeful Squid
Full Access Member

Name: Mr Squid
Default Quik Review: Alpine CDE-122
A few months ago I had the Alpine CDE-122 installed (crutchfield purchase). also installed were Polk door speakers in the front and rears, and the alpine power amp. Impressions:

Super clear and clean. I'm not a huge audiophile so it suits my needs just right, without need for an upgrade. maybe the only thing i would add is a small subwoofer. I can plug in my iphone/ipod to play Pandora and itunes songs with no issues (plus it charges the device). the buttons have a clean layout interface (which is one of the main reasons I have purchased alpines in the past), backlit in blue when on.

you can adjust for subwoofer, base, treble, mids, loud, and volume.

If it helps these are my listening habits:

Mostly electronica, but some rock. so base is important to me. During freeway driving and city street driving the system is clear and clean. I dont listen to the tuner. I listen to mainly CD/Pandora/iTunes.

It has a detachable face, and single CD player, as well as standard am/fm tuner. You may choose to purchase the optional steering wheel audio control kit but i did not, which is fine by me.

For about $400 for the whole shebang--------I am greatly satisfied.

Last edited by Vengeful Squid; 06-30-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Vengeful Squid is offline   Reply With Quote