Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Suspension

Suspension Wheels, tires, springs/coilovers, or any other suspension and handling related topics and questions.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:46 PM   #21

xDTool
Full Access Member

Name: Bob
Send a message via AIM to xDTool Send a message via Yahoo to xDTool
Originally Posted by misformartin View Post
i think alot of that is the placebo effect your mind is thinking that there is a difference.... haha but best suspension piece to buy would be the rear sway bar that you will see a huge difference from stock
I noticed a difference too actually when I was running DF210s, Felt a lot more secure on hard turn ins... havnt pushed the car hard at all since i put coilovers on though so not sure there.

But i wouldnt buy one just for the performance, i wouldnt say the difference justifies the cost
xDTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:17 PM   #22

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

Name: Ted
Originally Posted by misformartin View Post
i think alot of that is the placebo effect your mind is thinking that there is a difference.... haha but best suspension piece to buy would be the rear sway bar that you will see a huge difference from stock
I installed the TRD rear after the Tanabe front, and I actually did not notice a difference when I put the rear on...

TheLittleDeviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:28 PM   #23
misformartin
Full Access Member

Send a message via AIM to misformartin
thats definetely strange as like i said before the front strut towers are already tied together by your firewall as well as the front come stock with a sway bay so an added rear sway bar should be like night and day...

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

as the car without a rear sway bar and the stock front sway bar should noticabbly understeer... so when u add the sway bar to the rear should neutralize the said effect of the stock front.... : )
misformartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:09 PM   #24
newagestar
Full Access Member

Name: jason
ya i agree really the only way for a front strut brace to work on the xd is to mount it to the top were you bolt the strut to the cars tower if you see thats were the flex is.ill try and get pic of waht im talking about so you can see what i mean

WICKED EXPRESSION CAR CLUB

D.I.Y CUSTOM

MEGAN RACING

CUSTOM XD GAUGES

AITRACING.COM
newagestar is offline   Reply With Quote