Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Audio/Interior Electronics

Audio/Interior Electronics Questions, tips/advice, comments and all things about car audio and other interior gagets.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2010, 10:42 PM   #1

SciFion
Solar System Surfer
Full Access Member

Name: Mike
Default Center Console Switch Blanks
So I recieved a seat heater as gift recently. Am trying to figure out how to remove the plastic center console piece with the 4 rectangular switch blanks. These are between the seats, under the E-Brake handle, and closer to the passenger seat. I would like to get a factory looking rocker switch to turn on/off the heater and use that location.

Has anyone been able to use this "un-used" feature already stamped into the plastic there, and if so do they pop out from the inside?

I will be getting another heater for the passenger side, and want to use a 2nd of the 4 locations for that purpose. The other two I will use for LED in cab lighting, but first, how to get this piece off?

My second question is; whats the best location to tie into for power? There is a relay box down low on the left by the hood release, but it looks difficult to access. The real fuse block is under the hood. Whats the best way to snake a wire through the firewall to supply power for my electronic mods?

SciFion is offline   Reply With Quote