Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Exterior

Exterior Comments and questions regarding body kits, graphics, paint or other exterior mods.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2009, 04:47 PM   #1

YELOSUB
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Tim
Default HOT LAVA Painting Party (PICS INCLUDED)
Well the other day I went over to Randy's (RANDODE'S) house so that we could do some painting mods to the xD...Justin (Just1n) also came over to help shoot the paint since he's the paint guy...Well all of us prepped and got parts ready and Justin applied Hot Lava to the selected parts...Randy is awesome, i'm glad he was there to take apart the calipers because they turned out INCREDIBLE...His attention to detail is unbelievable...

For the rims, I have always wanted to Hot Lava accent on them and wanted to have the indented words "AXIS" painted Hot Lava but really wasn't sure how it would turn out or actually how to do it...Randy asked if I had brought my touch up paint from the dealership and I told him I did...Well by using the pen tip portion of the touch up container, we both were able to fill in the indentation with Hot Lava and it turned out freaking awesome...

Also painted the stainless steel valvestems Hot Lava, rear brake drums Hot Lava, and of course the front brake calipers Hot Lava...

Also painted Hot Lava was engine pieces consisting of: relay cover, fuse box cover, washer fluid lid, engine oil cap, coolant lid, dipstick handle, and transmission handle...The engine cover is not finished yet...We are sanding it smooth and didnt get a chance to finish it...I will post pics when that is done...

Inside the car we painted inside the speedo housing Hot Lava (the silver piece around the speedo)...

I want to thank Randy and Justin for helping me with this project, you guys totally rock...Now on to the pics: