Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Suspension

Suspension Wheels, tires, springs/coilovers, or any other suspension and handling related topics and questions.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:37 PM   #1
mcbrew
Full Access Member

Name: Jesse
Default Friendly reminder - Spare tire pressure!
Just did the 60k mile oil change on my xD, and a few other things in preparation for a trip I am taking this weekend. While I was checking the tire pressure, and I decided to check the spare. Unfortunately, you cannot check it in situ... you have to remove the spare to get at the valve stem. The spare is supposed to be 60 PSI. It was about 45 PSI. I pumped it up last year, too...

If you haven't checked yours in a while, be sure to do it before you're stuck on the side of the road with TWO flats!

Current car: 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Lineartronic CVT transmission. Steel Silver.

SOLD: 2009 Scion xD - BRM, 16" alloys, VSC, K&N drop-in air filter, Thule Aero roof bars, TRD sway bar, TRD short shift, TYC LED tails, Curt class-1 tow hitch, Italian leather shift & brake boots, Red Line MT-90 in the trans, Amsoil 0w20 in the engine, ATE SuperBlue Racing brake fluid.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:21 PM   #2

simmons0613
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Matt
thanks for the heads up! I just went and checked mine and it was about 50psi. Its a good thing you posted this.

simmons0613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:59 AM   #3

xDTool
Full Access Member

Name: Bob
Send a message via AIM to xDTool Send a message via Yahoo to xDTool
Thumbs up
Originally Posted by mcbrew View Post
Just did the 60k mile oil change on my xD, and a few other things in preparation for a trip I am taking this weekend. While I was checking the tire pressure, and I decided to check the spare. Unfortunately, you cannot check it in situ... you have to remove the spare to get at the valve stem. The spare is supposed to be 60 PSI. It was about 45 PSI. I pumped it up last year, too...

If you haven't checked yours in a while, be sure to do it before you're stuck on the side of the road with TWO flats!
McBrew....

Dishin out the uber badass PSA's that keep everybody from gettin stuck somewhere since aug 2009
xDTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:38 AM   #4

bobolinko
Full Access Member

Name: Bob

That is why I have a small $11 Walmart tire air compressor in the same place the spare is. I already used it once when I had a flat. It Worked !!
bobolinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #5

simmons0613
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Matt
I think I may go and get myself one of those

simmons0613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #6

1sweetxd
Full Access Member

Name: Evan
good info. yea i keep and carry a small little air pump that plugs into your lighter. not real big and definitely won't do the job real fast, but it has gotten me out of some sticky situations several times. may not get you home, but can possibly help get ya off the side of the road
1sweetxd is offline   Reply With Quote