Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > General Discussion

General Discussion Discuss anything in general with your Scion xD here.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:26 AM   #81

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: jim
you air to get really low i guess. I want lower, but am willing to sacrifice lower for much better handling
JDMJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:12 PM   #82
misformartin
Full Access Member

Send a message via AIM to misformartin
Default 1
i have tanabe coilovers and they go pretty low..... even lower if u wanna pull the top perch in the rear will drop another 1/2 inch and the front u can remove the "helper spring" which is complete b/s that spring doesnt do anything as its always compressed... but as its compressed takes up like 2 inches bs... oh well im now looking into airrunner... : )
misformartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:01 PM   #83

xd_kidd
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: chris
vip cars love airunners lol.

Last edited by xd_kidd; 11-01-2009 at 10:16 PM.
xd_kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:49 AM   #84
trdxd
Full Access Member

Name: trdxd
misfomartin pics of your xD at max low?
trdxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:54 PM   #85
trdxd
Full Access Member

Just got the car back for now. Battery Ties have been measured, so the final products are going to be made; final fitment should be Thursday. They have my engine cover and I'm VERY. VERY. excited to say that Steve is planning on making an actual BOLT on engine cover; not the pop on crap we have. (THANK YOU.) This is something that's been bothering me from the get go.

More interesting news, as Steve was talking to me, we looked at the intake, and he said he's definitely interested in making a power chamber. However, he's looking into a Cold Air idea; included in this idea will be a Ram Air Duct coming from the "fog light" area. (xDkidd, good call ) What he was talking about was utilizing the rubber piping we have, allowing it to bend down, and making a power chamber that comes off of it, and sits under the headlight; not directly in front of the fog light cut out area, but above it. Hope that's enough of a description to give you a good idea of how it'll work?

The little air plug for the intake has been produced ; there are about 250 made right now; waiting to be colored in variations that PWJDM is popular for (reds, blues, etc.) on their aluminum pieces.

what...else.... I totally lost my train of thought. But anyway; I'll be dropping off the car again on Thursday, we'll have the final battery tie down by Friday I believe, I'll try to get pictures of the plug as quickly as I can; but if I can I'll get it in with the battery tie down, so as not to tease you all . I'm excited; this really seems to be taking shape quickly.

hope you're all at least reading this, if not commenting to show some support!

OH! TOW HOOKS!!

Rear tow hooks are also going to be looked into on Thursday/Friday I believe. I think there was a mounting plate that was in the works for it, and that was for the tC. He wanted to see it made for the xD as well; so rear tow hooks are in our future as well
Old 11-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #86
misformartin
Full Access Member

Send a message via AIM to misformartin
any word on foglights?
misformartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:57 PM   #87
trdxd
Full Access Member

no news of foglights yet. things are moving along, and I'm sure once they get a stable set of products under their belts they can begin to tackle the complications of a foglight set up.

Seeing as how there are absolutely no housings to run off; nor a wiring harness to even go off, it would be a more complicated process than fitting and piping an intake. They know we've been requesting it though so lets keep our fingers crossed!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #88

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

i feel the only way a power chamber can be useful is to be tuned for the car. that means lots of R&D and dyno time. that = $$$$$$$ to buy. Scion owner's won't pop for that. even I won't. Not justifiable. I mean, how many tC's you see cruisin around with an ARC power chamber?
Old 11-04-2009, 12:13 AM   #89
trdxd
Full Access Member

http://passwordjdm.com/search.aspx?q=power+chamber+dyno

I absolutely hate battling the "legitimacy of a Dyno" stuff that always surrounds intakes and such. They have dyno'd all their intakes it seems, and the reported gains are respectable. Dyno charts are included on some of the product description pages; such as the DC5 powerchamber.

Regardless; There are plenty of people who buy an intake more for looks than anything, ESPECIALLY in the Scion world. Do all the tC guys who run an intake do it for boosted performance because they're looking for HP? Maybe they actually, legitimately, feel the need to gain an extra 5-8 HP out of their NA engine. We all know adding an intake is pretty much next to unnoticeable, whether we admit it or not, as a sole modification. Most people want the look; the added gruffness from their engine as they merge onto a highway.

I'm perfectly fine with your statement; I admire that you only buy quality products. If only more people in the scion world were like that.

Take it as you will; I respect your word whether you believe their claims or not.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:49 AM   #90

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

Name: Ted
Jim, I fail to see your point. PWJDM is producing sometype of intake for us regardless of the cost, they have already stated they will, and TRDxD's car will be the guinea pig. I dont understand your comment. Cost to produce isnt a factor here, they are making it inhouse and will most likely dyno it inhouse...

TheLittleDeviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:19 AM   #91

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

good point. but still. would that be worth the money to you? I mean, $25 cone filter or $300+ power chamber for similar gains......only benefit I could see would be torque. ask SL what they would do?
Old 11-04-2009, 10:39 AM   #92

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

^^ I understand what your saying, but people are spending that much for CAI's right now, so I dont see a difference... Fujita, Takeda, Weapon-R, Injen they are all priced in that range. Maybe you wouldn't spend that much on an intake (I wouldnt either) but that is not to say that there isn't a market for it.

plus they seem to be priced around $200 for most of their current ones... there are a couple of them that are priced higher but keep in mind that we are talking about dry carbon fiber here too, not a piece of metal tubing like all the other CAI systems available from other manufacturers...

Last edited by TheLittleDeviant; 11-04-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:16 PM   #93
trdxd
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by JDMJim View Post
good point. but still. would that be worth the money to you? I mean, $25 cone filter or $300+ power chamber for similar gains......only benefit I could see would be torque. ask SL what they would do?
many of the people on SL were requesting powerchambers; xD owners and tC owners alike. I'm certain there are many xB and xA owners as well who would love the offering one as well.

As little deviant mentioned; there is definitely a market for it, and that's the key to this endeavor. PWJDM see's that Scions have quickly become essentially the new Civic's, with people swapping parts and changing things up like crazy. They want to appeal to the Scion crowd by offering some legitimate and well crafted pieces.

Let's see how everything goes down
Old 11-05-2009, 01:51 PM   #94

Arwen
Full Access Member

Name: Sandra
I'm excited about this, hopefully we can start buying some pieces soon!

At the top of my list would be yellow fogs, cf lip kit, cf spoiler and new grill design
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:07 AM   #95
trdxd
Full Access Member

fun little item that was made up in, literally, 10 minutes...

Resonator plug for the intake; eventually itll be made in various colors and is really just meant to be a fun little 10$ engine bay dress up piece.

ENJOY
Old 11-06-2009, 07:59 AM   #96

TheLittleDeviant
That Admin Guy
Full Access Member

I'm down for the plug.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:08 PM   #97

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

that pipe is nothing more than a resonator.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #98
trdxd
Full Access Member

exactly; hence a plug, to make it look like it's NOT a door handle.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:05 PM   #99

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

i don't really ever pay attention...
Old 11-07-2009, 03:03 AM   #100
trdxd
Full Access Member