Go Back   Scion XD Forum > Members Hangout > Introductions

Introductions Are you new to the forums? Come in here and posts a little about ya!

Old 03-23-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
uragayfish23

Name: egreene23
Default nuevo nuevo!
I just bought my 2012 xD this past Saturday. About to head to the dealership to check on some options. I definitely want to get new wheels but not sure what I'm going to put my financed credit toward yet.

I actually was kind of interested in the new Yaris' but they didn't have any manuals, tried to get me in a corolla-didn't really enjoy driving it, then-we almost left and my sales guy was like.. "oh wait, I have a 5 speed hatch, you wanna check it out?" I was like, "Uh, YEAH! Let's take that thing out." and he pulls up in my now new ride.

The car is fun to drive. It responds pretty well. I overall, like it way better than my '07 Rabbit that I had because of the gear ratios. They just make sense.

I'm not big on knowledge, so no, not ever going to try and come off like I do. I'm just stoked to have my car and learn more about it.

holla holla from Hoodstock, GA
uragayfish23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #2

firstkingofbeer
Full Access Member

Name: Enter your name or name you wish to be refered to as.
welcome. personally im against any type of options from the dealerships. normally you can get better aftermarket parts than what the dealership options are for a whole lot less. the only thing that the dealership has really that you cant find cheaper is pretty much the spoiler, and even then you can probably find them on ebay and might have to do minor modifications to make it fit. thats the only option i got when i bought mine. but for everything else i went for aftermarket. if you have any more questions just ask
firstkingofbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #3
Whack-A-Mole
Full Access Member

Name: Thadeus
X2 on no options from dealer unless they throw them in to sweeten the pot. Can't price negotiate on scions, but they could throw options like floor mats for free. Go aftermarket or check trdsparks. Good luck, and do you like fish sticks?
Whack-A-Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #4
uragayfish23

lol I do like fishsticks. I went ahead and ordered some trd's with tires. And the guy reduced what he could to below 'inside' price or whatever he called them. I kinda feel the same as far as not getting scrooged by the dealership but I do want to be careful as far as my warranties go. I plan on selling the steelies and tyras that came on it, so that will help a little.

I do have a question about a kit though. Dude said they didn't have those or fog lights offered through the dealership at this time and I'm curious on shopping around for those items. Any leads are appreciated but I'm not a bazillionaire, so def. no rush.

I'm just stoked to make this car my own.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:44 AM   #5

firstkingofbeer
Full Access Member

Name: Enter your name or name you wish to be refered to as.
good luck on the factory fog lights. ive been looking for forever. they used to be sold but they quit so now its trying to find used
firstkingofbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:58 AM   #6
uragayfish23

Yep, I guess we're in the same boat on that one. I'll keep checking with Toyota periodically since I'll be up there anyway. I'll let you know if I get any luck!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #7

Pittshark
Full Access Member

Name: Mark
Welcome!

And yeah, as others said, you can get much better prices on the options outside of the dealership. Someone mentioned the spoiler and getting a better price on Ebay.....absolutely, and in fact there's a seller on there with a killer deal for the spoiler right now. You tell them the color code, they do the painting for you (with primer, paint, and clear), and the price is $110 w/ free shipping. I'm ordering mine pretty soon.
Pittshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #8
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
Welcome. Yes go aftermarket for parts.

As for warrenty, anything you do will void warrenty for that section only if you install and dealer can prove your modification caused the issue. (i.e. you put on a turbo and your engine blows, if the factory can prove the turbo blew the engine they don't have to warrenty it. But on the flip side you change out the radio and put in a sound system and the engine blows, there is no way they can void your warrenty on the engine due to radio upgrades)

Old 03-26-2012, 02:35 PM   #9

ThisorThatxD
Full Access Member

Name: Chris
since everyone has answered soundly, ill just say welcome lol.
ThisorThatxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #10

jester4666
Full Access Member

Name: Jeff
yeah, just a welcome from me too.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #11
uragayfish23

Thanks everybody! I'm getting my TRD's put on this afternoon. Pics to come soon.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:52 AM   #12
CXTKRS1
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Chris
Welcome to the board!
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote