Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > General Discussion

General Discussion Discuss anything in general with your Scion xD here.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
notoriouseyk
Full Access Member

Name: eddie
Send a message via AIM to notoriouseyk Send a message via MSN to notoriouseyk Send a message via Yahoo to notoriouseyk
Default Train horn kits...
So im bored as hell with my car lately and thought about installing a train horn kit. Anyone have any good recommendations for those? Anyone done it yet? Let me know any info as possible!
notoriouseyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:43 PM   #2
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
I got a Kleinn Air Horn from Airridefittings.com. They don't have them on their site but they can get them. I got the lower end one but it is loud and surprise most everyone when they here it from a little car. I got the 130

http://www.kleinn.com/products/compact_horns.htm

it was small enough to fit between the rear bumper and the car itself. just had to notch the plastic piece that is under the rear bumper for some of the horn bell to go through but it is very little that had to go through and you dont even notice it unless you are looking for it. For air supply I just hooked it to my air tank for the airride. I paid less than a $100 for the horns i believe it is a triple horn setup and they are metal not plastic. sound is not super deep like the big $1500 plus Nathan horns but they are not super high pitched like the cheaply made crap either. I am thinking about upgrading to the Bigger Kleinn horns they are about $200 I believe.

but you just need a tank and can be small if just for horns, a compressor to fill the tank, pressure switch for the tank, a switch to sound the horn, wiring, airlines and fittings, and horns. most horns should have the solenoid already attached. If not, then you need a solenoid for the horns.

I have my fittings and air lines run from my tank to the solenoid on the horns. Then have the solenoid positive wired directly to the constant hot i use for my compressors and have the ground ran to a momentary switch that is in the dash. you can also switch the power instead of the ground if you prefer. I switched the ground since used less wire than running wire from horn to dash then back to my power source in the back of the car. Going to rewire it and hook it up so I can have it push button or use my remote for my shaved doors to make it sound since the control box for my door kit is a 7 function control box. that way i can mess with people at shows without being beside the car lol.

thinking of getting 630s but need to make sure i have the room

http://www.kleinn.com/products/train_horns.htm

Old 06-21-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
notoriouseyk
Full Access Member

Name: eddie
Send a message via AIM to notoriouseyk Send a message via MSN to notoriouseyk Send a message via Yahoo to notoriouseyk
is there one that comes with the whole entire kit?
notoriouseyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:07 AM   #4
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
I don't know if they have full kits but you can get full kits from here

http://hornblasters.com/

and see videos.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:27 PM   #5

KILLA XD
Full Access Member