PDA

View Full Version : Etc adjustable throttle controller

gregsteeg
12-31-2009, 12:53 AM
I just installed a ETC ADJUSTABLE THROTTLE CONTROLLER.
Did it at work in the parking lot it took 5 minutes.
I bought it @ twptrade.com $150 shipped.
Actually it's $160 but I tried "10off" in the code box & it worked.:party33:
They are the same company that made the Blitz ETC and use the same quality parts they say.
I'm very happy with it & figure it should pay for itself in gas savings.
Plus the sports mode is fun too. :bleh:

TheLittleDeviant
12-31-2009, 08:45 AM
Really? I wanted to pick up a blitz unit, but was holding off due to price... 150 shipped is the price I was looking for. have you noticed any negatives about it?

misformartin
12-31-2009, 10:30 AM
agreed want to know more.. i to was looking at picking up the TOMS"S unit... but for 150 cant go wrong??? how hard was install ?

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

also this kit looks alot like the pivot racing one... ???? an connection between the 2?

JDMJim
12-31-2009, 12:01 PM
it seems alot of companies are making "knockoffs"( for a lack of a better word) of other stuff. BRM21 produces the TOM's or Blitz unit i heard. gosh, i don't remember now

gregsteeg
12-31-2009, 09:16 PM
Very easy to install only 5 minutes.
I didn't install the reverse wire disconnect.
Have had it for a week now no problems.
My gas mileage has increased by 2 MPGs.:party28:

JDMJim
01-01-2010, 06:41 PM
now the gas mileage will match the dash readout

gregsteeg
01-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Sorry the Avg Mpg readout is still off.:emotions122:

biffburger
01-15-2010, 11:30 PM
:boxed:

---------- Post added at 04:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

twpanson
02-18-2010, 10:29 AM
Sale is going on at the website.
www.twptrade.com/autoparts (http://www.twptrade.com/autoparts/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&product_id=1&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=8)

CXTKRS1
02-18-2010, 11:33 PM
How big of a difference does the sport made make?

twpanson
02-19-2010, 05:28 PM
How big of a difference does the sport made make?

Reviews on scionlife http://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178311

More reviews on Mazda6 forum: http://www.6crew.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10732

CXTKRS1
02-21-2010, 02:44 AM
Seems neat but I would rather spend money on other mods.

misformartin
02-23-2010, 06:55 PM
this this is great... because there is a noticable lag on the stock system.... plus having the different settings would be a great for when you are on long hauls to be able to go into an eco mode : ) this is one of those mods like the underdrive pulley.... doesnt really add power but makes the car more fun to drive

xd_kidd
02-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Seems neat but I would rather spend money on other mods.

such as? very limited as to what is already provided to us as far as price range goes. price is not bad compare to other things :laughing1:

CXTKRS1
02-24-2010, 07:35 PM
such as? very limited as to what is already provided to us as far as price range goes. price is not bad compare to other things :laughing1:

Sway bars
lowering springs
strut tower bar
HID's
custom CAI
LED's

All of this can be had for under $150. I just come from a different car culture, people did stuff like this when I was into 4th gen F-bodys and C5 Y-Bodys. People would adjust throttle cable length to adjust throttle response. Unless this was being done for performance purposes those people were made fun of and called domestic ricers. I rather what and see if anyone can actually come out with tuning software for this car.

misformartin
02-24-2010, 08:16 PM
well i doubt anyone is going to come out with tuning software... this is just basicallly adjusting the signal sent from the drive by wire sensor... so it improves throttle response... problem is with you cant just reflash the ecu as it is constantly relearning damn those toyota engineers.. haha so the only way would be to go with a piggyback or full standalone.. even then tuning a naturally aspirated car you wont see huge numbers... i agree that this car is pretty nimbe in comparisions to other in its class... with the addition to some suspension pieces can make this car very fun to drive... i would say that this is a great supporting mod to others you may already have such as intake and exhaust... its just one of those things that make the car more fun to drive... : )

CXTKRS1
02-25-2010, 12:51 AM
well i doubt anyone is going to come out with tuning software... this is just basicallly adjusting the signal sent from the drive by wire sensor... so it improves throttle response... problem is with you cant just reflash the ecu as it is constantly relearning damn those toyota engineers.. haha so the only way would be to go with a piggyback or full standalone.. even then tuning a naturally aspirated car you wont see huge numbers... i agree that this car is pretty nimbe in comparisions to other in its class... with the addition to some suspension pieces can make this car very fun to drive... i would say that this is a great supporting mod to others you may already have such as intake and exhaust... its just one of those things that make the car more fun to drive... : )

I have to call BS on tuning and say it is a ploy by after market companies to make money. Adaptive ECU's have been around since the 80's and yet for some reason only domestic and euro cars seem to have the option to use a laptop as a tuner. This is the main reason why I will NEVER buy an Asian import as a performance car. I see no reason why I need to drop a grand on a stand alone ECU when the stock unit is perfectly capable of handling basic tuning. As for power increases, I gained around 9 RWHP on a stock LT1 Z28, add in intake and exhaust that number increased to 27 RWHP. I was also able to adjust my speedo for tires, lower my coolant fan activation temps, and monitor my engine's performance at all times. Since the xD is tuned to 87 octane I have no doubt their would be a power increase if a 93 octane tune was installed.

misformartin
02-25-2010, 01:39 AM
i doubt its ploy as the aftermarket company... as far as i am informed the new toyotas use a 64 bit ecu.... which is constantly relearning the way you drive.... perfect example is the 2nd gen xb.. those running turbo's are having problem with the ecu not working all the time.... as the ecu adapts to wha the fic are doing... so it requires them to reset the ecu from time to time... as far as comparing your american v8 to a 4 cylinder econo car is like apples to oranges... even stock they have to detune that v8 to adhere to local and federal emission laws.... so hence changing the intake and header will yeild more power... were as these econo cars are already running at pretty much its max efficiency to keep gas and drivability. as far as 93 octange goes the xd doesnt do very well with anything besides 91... there were pics of a motor that has been running 91 since they purchased and and there was alot of residue as the motor was not burning it all....

CXTKRS1
02-25-2010, 01:53 AM
i doubt its ploy as the aftermarket company... as far as i am informed the new toyotas use a 64 bit ecu.... which is constantly relearning the way you drive.... perfect example is the 2nd gen xb.. those running turbo's are having problem with the ecu not working all the time.... as the ecu adapts to wha the fic are doing... so it requires them to reset the ecu from time to time... as far as comparing your american v8 to a 4 cylinder econo car is like apples to oranges... even stock they have to detune that v8 to adhere to local and federal emission laws.... so hence changing the intake and header will yeild more power... were as these econo cars are already running at pretty much its max efficiency to keep gas and drivability. as far as 93 octange goes the xd doesnt do very well with anything besides 91... there were pics of a motor that has been running 91 since they purchased and and there was alot of residue as the motor was not burning it all....

The reason so much residue was in the engine is because of the tuning since the engine is set to run on 87. I promise you a good tuner could get an xD to run on 93 without a residue left behind. My LT1 V8 was probably running closer to max then the 4 banger in my Scion since the engine was designed to run on nothing less than 91 octane and the timing was already fairly aggressive. Plus as far as I can remember even the older Asian cars had to run on an after market ecu.

TheLittleDeviant
02-25-2010, 12:18 PM

That was my xD, and I agree that with a good tune it would burn more efficiently and offer more power... I would like to note as well though that running on 87 octane as appose to 91-93 octane is noticeably different, with the higher octane fuel, the xD is much, much peppier...

Try 91 octane for a couple weeks and then switch back to 87...

xd_kidd
02-25-2010, 05:08 PM
I think you feel a difference between using 93 and 87. I even feel a difference between having a third of the gas tank full and a full tank. feels as if it responds better and better exhaust note imo lol

twpanson
03-05-2010, 06:02 PM
The best part of this mod is the adjustability.

You can change the setting from sports to economy in couple secs depending on your needs.

I can get a good deal if we are able to gather a group buy for this item.

Anyone interested??

twpanson
03-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Bump for a great mod.
pm me if you are interested

Panson

notoriouseyk
03-25-2010, 11:02 PM
i want one..is it easy to plug in?

twpanson
03-25-2010, 11:41 PM
i want one..is it easy to plug in?

Plug and play. The kit comes w/ detail instruction for installation and programming.

You've got a pm.

Panson

twpanson
04-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Some discussion/ reviews from couple major car forums.

Honda Fit (featuring comparison against Blitz unit)
http://hondafitforums.com/showthread.php?t=644 (1st version aka NTD)
http://hondafitforums.com/showthread.php?t=793 (current version aka ETC)
Mazda 6
http://www.6crew.com/foru...light=throttle+controller
http://www.6crew.com/foru...light=throttle+controller

twpanson
05-03-2010, 03:34 PM
We are doing a special right now for under $150.
Contact me for more detail.

Since most of the small compact car doesn't get (aren't worth it) tunning option. Adjustable throttle controller turns out to be a good alternative. Though T/C won't give you any extra hp, but it will change the way your car performs and give out more linear acceleration. It will also help eliminate that initial throttle lag for most of the modern Drive-by-wire car.

Most ppl see this mod as a fake performance mod. However, the key here is not just the throttle response, it's the "adjustable" part that plays the important role.
Of course you can get tune for $300-$500 for better throttle response, but it doesn't come w/ adjustable part. You can't chage your throttle response at your will at anytime.

Here are a couple examples on when to use ETC adjustable throttle controller

Sp1-4 more linear acceleration for daily drive
Sp5-7 immediate respose is good for drag racing, mountain drifting, heel-and-toe action
Eco 1-3 is good for daily commute
Eco4-5 really saves your fuel in heavy stop-n-go traffic

Sincerely,
TWP

twpanson
05-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Please feel free to post up any comments or questions,

In order to get more exposure and let more ppl know our product really helps/works, we would like to offer 3 kit at special price $130 shipped.

Please pm me for this special.

Sincerely,
TWP

JDMJim
05-15-2010, 10:40 AM
i would just leave mine set to performance all the time. never be caught with your guard down and i always drive spirited

twpanson
05-21-2010, 10:42 AM
i would just leave mine set to performance all the time. never be caught with your guard down and i always drive spirited

Sports 7 mode will get your throttle regulator wide open in no time for immediate throttle response.

Please feel free to post up questions or comments.
We have sold more than 200 kits and really wanna let everyone know this product really works/helps on your ride.

Sincerely,
Panson

CXTKRS1
07-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Just curious if the car is set to run eco mode how soft is the throttle? Thinking about buying one just for the use of a shop box/tune.

twpanson
07-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Just curious if the car is set to run eco mode how soft is the throttle? Thinking about buying one just for the use of a shop box/tune.

Followings are quoted from our customers on Fitfreak.net (http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gauge-interest-fit-product-group-buy/48476-testing-water-3-drive-throttle-controller-ge6-ge9-19.html)

--Originally Posted by JoeF View Post--
I got the TC in this morning and installed it right away. I love SP-7 man that thing now drives like the rabbits did in the 70's love it. I have a question though can I change TC while the car is on or do I have to shut it off every time I want to change

Texas

In EC5 on the highway does it actually have a different throttle position lets say at 70 mph than on normal mode. So that would be the gas saving per mile or in acceleration.

Ha now that I have this I want a CAI which I dont know what to get and a header.

Joe
I love it when someone else refers to the old VW Rabbit if comparison to the Fit. The similarities are what first caught my interest. You can change settings while driving but it can be a little scary to do in heavy traffic because your speed will increase or decrease in relation to your foot position on the throttle. Your actual throttle opening at any constant speed will be the same regardless of what setting you are using but by using the readout in Eco mode you are able to see the position of the opening and use it as a tool to attain better mileage...In that way you can accelerate toward the bottom of a hill with less throttle than you would use than if you waited to accelerate after you were already going up the next hill allowing you to use less throttle to maintain your speed until you are further up the the incline then lift off the throttle earlier just before the top relying on gravity and less throttle on the down side... Observing the readout along with the slower reacting throttle in EC5 at staying off the boost has been good for a 10% increase in fuel mileage for me. SP7 and being crazy yielded about -15% but it was sure fun.

twpanson
07-29-2010, 10:31 PM
Here is the info of our new (the 3rd version) FLAT ATC.

Modified program (better calibration) and redesigned display module (smaller, only 15 mm) is the major difference toward previous version.
http://a.imageshack.us/img96/601/flatflyer.jpg

twpanson
10-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Bump for a nice add-on for NA folks. 12 steps adjustability for drag racing or urban stop-n-go driving.

Sincerely,
Panson

xd_kidd
10-04-2010, 03:04 PM
ok so sport mode would make it throw more fuel for more acceleration and less lag?

ThisorThatxD
10-04-2010, 03:27 PM
the way i see it, sport mode basicly makes it open up faster as you push down the skinny pedal. so for example, "stomp all the way down to the floor stock", and there yea go. introduce sport mode, and you will get to that "stomp down to the floor stock" by only pressing the pedal 75% of the way. econo mode is the reverse, making it so you will never get to 100% throttle, thus saving fuel. sounds handy, tho id hate tapping the gas and having the car take off like a bat outta hell :boxed: id laugh as my tires squeel.

twpanson
10-04-2010, 09:57 PM
ATC kit won't make you ECU throw more fuel. ATC won't change any fuel, ignition, or air in you ECU mapping. ATC simply amplifys or shrinks the signal being sent to throttle regulator to let you have faster or slower response.

We do get a lot of comments saying throttle controller is a piece of junk doing the same thing that our right foot can do. This might be right for all the turbo monster car w/ loads of HP&TQ. Cuz they won't feel the difference of that 0.5 secs. However, for all the NA folks, that .5 sec is essential at launch or initiation.

Thinking about cutting a corner, you right foot has more time to switch between brake and acceleration. That means you can brake later before the corner and get out the the corner faster w/ just a light tap on acceleration.

On the other hand, the Eco mode is very good for stop-n-go city driving.

More reviews can be found here (http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/merchant-group-buys-new-product-sales/55307-etc-12-step-adjustable-throttle-controller.html)

twpanson
12-03-2010, 04:41 AM
Bump for a nice and easy add-on to fix initial throttle lag.

Sincerely,

XDevolution
04-11-2011, 10:05 PM
do u need paypal to make the purchase or can i just use my bank card?

Shift_Happenz
08-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Just bought one of these, cant wait to get it installed

xd_kidd
08-09-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm sure its gonna be a well invested toy.

TheJonas53
02-12-2013, 10:11 PM
Anyone still running this? Anyone have issues with it?

xd_kidd
02-13-2013, 03:49 AM
Anyone still running this? Anyone have issues with it?

not with the Ds but many 10th gen corollas who have the 2zr said they love it and best bang for their buck. and same with one guy on scionlife

XDevolution
02-25-2013, 07:18 PM
im def buying this mod when my income tax comes in. i read they came out with a 4th gen system that stays on the most current setting you put on, instead of having to set up the ATC everytime u turn on the car.