Thread: My New Wheels
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 01:49 AM   #24

SciFion
Solar System Surfer
Full Access Member

Name: Mike
Originally Posted by YELOSUB View Post
What are you dropped on? I am running 18 X 8 all the way around and swapped out my TRD for Tanabe DF210's...I only rubbed in the rear on large bumps with the TRD's...With the Tanabe's, I had to grind the rear fender lip...You will be fine in the front, but the 18 X 9 in a 35 offset may rub...
I have an RS1 with the TRD springs it came with. With the offset at +35 in the rear what are my options? Cut the inner fender? Or are these wheels just not going to work?

Originally Posted by katchkillah View Post
well hope this helps, here is what i'm on with tein basics (back is ALL the way down, front got a few more cranks) and have no rubbing issues at all. even loaded up the whole trunk, back seat and front seat with stuff and hit some big dips and didn't rub.

18" x 8.5" +37 NR / 18" x 9" +40 SL

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

i think next set i order i'll for sure go 9.5 on the rear. not as excited with 9 on the rear as i thought would be.
Thanks you guys, I really like the staggered look of those wheels, and I hope with the TRD's the rubbing wont be to bad. If I have to cut the rear fenderwells, I guess I'll break out the grinder..

SciFion is offline   Reply With Quote