View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 08:05 AM   #7
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
It's true that technology and power train have surpassed scion. even proven based on the new FR-S as far as I am concerned.

But the xD is still fun to drive as it is.

As far as reliability. Ford I was never really a fan for that reason. I knew a guy with a Mustang and he was fixing it every weekend. Same with some others I knew. Their trucks were always good but cars not so much. But I know people that have been running newer Fords with no issues. So because of deal I could get and wife wanting one I got it for her and it is a nice car.

Chevy, well I love Chevy and am a Chevy guy at heart. I have an s10 that was running good until I parked it for a little due to brakes. had trouble getting it restarted but that eventually did and still ran after sitting a year and was no problem. I have it parked now and going to rebuild it. just personal preference but it has over 150K original miles, I am the 3rd owner and I know for sure I have not been easy on the vehicle. but I would have no problem running it more. I know many people that have Chevy/GMC and no issues outside normal wear and tear.

KIA no reliability. My parents each had one an 05 and an 06. Within the first week of my mom getting hers she had to go back to the dealer 3 times for a fuel rail issue. On the third time they gave her a whole new car. My dads seemed fine until one morning I was driving it and it stopped going and wouldn't crank. took it to the dealer since was under 50K miles and they looked at it and said the timing belt, yes belt not chain, broke and when it did it caused some major damage to the car. basically it broke and left some valves open while the motor was still spinning and pistons and valves contacting is not good. they had to re machine the heads and basically rebuild it, but they did it under warrenty since less than 50K. Then shortly after this my moms cars maybe 60K miles same thing but this time on the expressway. I pushed it home with the xD (lol had to throw that in there). They got it to the dealer and they said same thing timing belt broke but not under warrenty. so they would replace whole engine for her for $4000+ the car resale was only about $2000 so no way not happening. They were going to buy an engine separate but sold the car for $500, lucky my dad is retired and doesn't need the car daily and my mom works like 5 minutes from their house. ON top of that A friend had a 2012 Kia that she just returned lemon law and only had less than 6 month. Kept throwing engine codes and they couldn't igure out why even had master tech come in from out of state and he couldnt figure it out. so they filed lemon law.

Sorry for long story but I felt those where need to know on my experience about reliability.