View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 07:16 AM   #22
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
Originally Posted by pakpak View Post
since it is stated in the warranty that if the buyer alter anything using non original toyota parts then they are not going to be responsible about your car...
False about the whole car part. they can give you crap and possible not repair part affected by modification. depending on modification and parts used.

Originally Posted by pakpak View Post
so i took it back and at first they thought its the driver's side only so they replaced the whole rearview mirror in the drivers side and it did solve the problem... after they fixed it i took it for a test drive then i notice that the passenger side is also making a noise over 65 mph i took it back again and they've replace the back plate of my passenger side rearview mirror. My advice is if your car is still in warranty don't alter anything or even put a single tape on your car rearview mirror... TAKE IT BACK TO THE DEALERSHIP and COMPLAIN... we paid 15k for it. take advantage of the warranty you paid for it. HOPE IT HELPED and english is not my first langauage so bare with my grammar.
Welcome

One I don't know if this is true or not. Most dealerships wouldn't even test drive it. They would take it into the shop and say can't recreate the issue and send you on your way. Also did you verify they changed parts or did they just tighten some bolts.

Normally they only test drive from my experience, if it is absolutely necessary. say the change a mechnical part and they need to test drive to see have the car handles or that the part is working correctly. And whistling wind past a mirror is not a major issue.

If your dealership did test drive it and did fix both sides with new parts even though you only came in about the driver side, then you got a great dealership and I want to know where they are located.

besides I agree most of us are technical enough to fix it without wasting our time or hassling with the dealership for the possibility of them saying they can't or wont do anytihng since they don't knwo what is causing it.

Two. we paid $15k so I wouldn't expect it to be perfectly aerodynamic and have no small issues or flaws.