Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > General Discussion

General Discussion Discuss anything in general with your Scion xD here.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:45 PM   #1

Cylon_xD
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Troy
Originally Posted by TexXBox View Post
As a friend of mine would say "Oh my damn!"

If you're single you can tow it to the bars, put on your beer goggles 'til you're seeing in stereo and then make it home to bed without having to drive at all. Not to mention the fact that it is a portable fornicatorium.

If you're married it is a convenient place to sleep on one of those doghouse nights that is more comfortable than the couch plus out of range of the bitching.
Spoken just like a 40+ year old married man, TexXBox... I see you've had experience too... lol!

Originally Posted by mcbrew View Post
Not only did I make it home, I got over 30 MPG towing it! Can't be that hard on the tranny if it isn't even working the engine that hard. The only thing that worries me is the tongue weight, buy it is still less than my hitch is rated for. Going to make some changes to balance it out better.
Just put a full keg in the fridge, McBrew... that should take some weight off the tongue...!

Last edited by Cylon_xD; 09-18-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Cylon_xD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
mcbrew
Full Access Member

Name: Jesse
Originally Posted by Cylon_xD View Post
Just put a full keg in the fridge, McBrew... that should take some weight off the tongue...!
No good... the fridge is ahead of the axle. Oh, and it is only a 1.9 cubic foot fridge. The keg will need to go in a tub of ice near the back of the Scamp.

Cylon, you may actually be able to beat my fuel economy... you with an empty xD and me pulling a camper!

Current car: 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Lineartronic CVT transmission. Steel Silver.

SOLD: 2009 Scion xD - BRM, 16" alloys, VSC, K&N drop-in air filter, Thule Aero roof bars, TRD sway bar, TRD short shift, TYC LED tails, Curt class-1 tow hitch, Italian leather shift & brake boots, Red Line MT-90 in the trans, Amsoil 0w20 in the engine, ATE SuperBlue Racing brake fluid.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:28 PM   #3

TexXBox
Full Access Member

Name: Steve
Originally Posted by Cylon_xD View Post
Spoken just like a 40+ year old married man, TexXBox... I see you've had experience too... lol!

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Originally Posted by mcbrew View Post
Cylon, you may actually be able to beat my fuel economy... you with an empty xD and me pulling a camper!
I probably still don't have a chance. Gonna have to look into helium shoes.

Or get one of those "Amazing" magnet sets that clamps around the fuel line and uses the "Power of Polarization" to align the fuel molecules and "Release the Dormant Power and Unused Energy" in my gas giving "Up to 20% More Horsepower and 30% Better Fuel Economy" for "Just Two Easy Payment of $19.95 Plus $30 for Rushed Delivery" and if I act now I can "Add Another To My Order for Just The Price of Shipping and Handling".