Go Back   Scion XD Forum > xD Modification > Exterior

Exterior Comments and questions regarding body kits, graphics, paint or other exterior mods.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:41 PM   #21

brodie7838

Name: Brodie
Originally Posted by pakpak View Post
My advice is if your car is still in warranty don't alter anything or even put a single tape on your car rearview mirror... TAKE IT BACK TO THE DEALERSHIP and COMPLAIN...
Kinda extreme IMO. Sure, Toyota needs to know, so by all means file a complaint, but if it's as simple as a piece of tape in as of obscure of a place as this, then I'm all for not being without my car for a day while the shop looks at it. Hell, that's why I bought a Scion in the first place; so I could mod it.

My 2 cents....
brodie7838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:16 AM   #22
Resolve
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: Resolve
since it is stated in the warranty that if the buyer alter anything using non original toyota parts then they are not going to be responsible about your car...
False about the whole car part. they can give you crap and possible not repair part affected by modification. depending on modification and parts used.

so i took it back and at first they thought its the driver's side only so they replaced the whole rearview mirror in the drivers side and it did solve the problem... after they fixed it i took it for a test drive then i notice that the passenger side is also making a noise over 65 mph i took it back again and they've replace the back plate of my passenger side rearview mirror. My advice is if your car is still in warranty don't alter anything or even put a single tape on your car rearview mirror... TAKE IT BACK TO THE DEALERSHIP and COMPLAIN... we paid 15k for it. take advantage of the warranty you paid for it. HOPE IT HELPED and english is not my first langauage so bare with my grammar.
Welcome

One I don't know if this is true or not. Most dealerships wouldn't even test drive it. They would take it into the shop and say can't recreate the issue and send you on your way. Also did you verify they changed parts or did they just tighten some bolts.

Normally they only test drive from my experience, if it is absolutely necessary. say the change a mechnical part and they need to test drive to see have the car handles or that the part is working correctly. And whistling wind past a mirror is not a major issue.

If your dealership did test drive it and did fix both sides with new parts even though you only came in about the driver side, then you got a great dealership and I want to know where they are located.

besides I agree most of us are technical enough to fix it without wasting our time or hassling with the dealership for the possibility of them saying they can't or wont do anytihng since they don't knwo what is causing it.

Two. we paid $15k so I wouldn't expect it to be perfectly aerodynamic and have no small issues or flaws.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:08 PM   #23
katchkillah
Super Moderator
Super Mod

Name: Kory
i'll just live with mines. cause i've swapped out my mirrors and have no clue where the stock ones are.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #24

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: jim
come to think of it, I haven't noticed my whistle lately. there must be some dirt in the seam....lol
JDMJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:28 AM   #25

Vengeful Squid
Full Access Member

Name: Mr Squid
Same whistling here, at least on the driver's side. haven't tested passenger side.

i'll try the felt tape fix and go from there. i don't have the time to mess with the dealer and for return trouble-shooting trips, etc.

DOES ANYONE HAVE PICS of the seam/gap that the tape should be affixed to?

oh and btw mine is a 2011 w/ less than 1800 miles. noticed this problem a few hundred miles ago.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #26
pakpak

Name: jane
@broadie7838 i respect that but i don't know what kind of wind noise you have... mine is really high pitched hell of annoying sound and i just can't bare to see any kind of tape in my window. i don't usually post in any forum but i know someone who had 2010 scion that makes the same noise... what he did is put tape and all sorts of things to fix the noise until he got fed up and finally take it to toyota but the dealership don't want to fix it... all because of that thing that he put in the car. and yes it took more than a day to fix it but they got me a rental and they paid for it.
@resolve... yeah its a 15k car i am not rich and every penny i paid for that car i worked for it... i don't know about you, for me 15k is 15k.. not expecting the car to be perfect high end car but at least i expect it to not make high pitched annoying sound everytime i drive.. and oh i have the hammer toyota mission hills in California. and yeah they did test drive my car i know it for sure cause i was there and i know they change my rearview mirror cause my brother repairs cars too for power ford so he can tell if the part is brand new or not. i also don't know about other dealership because the guy who did my car is a family friend and been fixing my family's car for ages. so maybe your right that other dealership are really not doing it.
pakpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:38 PM   #27
Whack-A-Mole
Full Access Member

Name: Thadeus
Mine whistles as well, or at least it use to. A little tape would work if it drives you nuts, but I think the tape would bother me more. I don't know if pollen build up or what happened, but I no longer get the whistle.
Whack-A-Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:43 PM   #28

jester4666
Full Access Member

Name: Jeff
mine whistles, but once i turn up the radio i can't hear it anymore.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #29
cubanoloko

Name: cubanoloko
yea that whistling n oise got me too, until one day i put y hand on the mirror while driving anf it went away, then i noticed it was the mirror with the wind...no bid deal lol.
cubanoloko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #30

JDMJim
OG Member
Full Access Member

Name: jim
all you need is to fill in the seam on the mirror
JDMJim is offline   Reply With Quote